A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Style? What Style?

If eclectic crazy is a style then I am the master of it. If it’s not then I just invented it.

As I was doing dishes this morning I started looking around my living room and giggling to myself. My living room is all over the place in regards to style. While most women probably wouldn’t have the guts to pull off this look, I have learned to embrace it.

I can look through magazines all day long and appreciate a put together room where everything matches and is on point but for some reason I was never able to do it for myself. I believe the reason lies in the amount of things I love in my life. I think you need to see for yourself what I’m talking about.

Be Warned: What you are about to witness would make most home decorators cringe but maybe just maybe you can walk away a little braver and learn to stray a little bit from the norm. Or not.

Picture #1: I love all things shabby chic AND retro. So here we have a shabby chic cabinet with my retro record player on top.

Living room 1

Picture #2: I love my family as is evident with our pictures being on the wall. Smile

Living2

Picture #3: I love the Lord and this plaque my hubby made pretty much sums that up.

living3

Picture #4: I love gaming. Yes I’m 48 years old and still a gamer. I started way back when Atari was all the rage and still play when I get a chance today.

living4

Picture #5: I love our country. Even though we have our troubles we are still very much a blessed nation.

living6

Picture #6: I love football. Tommy boy is the GOAT! (greatest of all time). I have Patriots stuff peppered throughout the whole living room. Tommy goes up at the beginning of football season but has to come down when I put my Christmas stuff up because I love Christmas even more than football. Surprised smile

tommy

Picture #7: This is our living room and you can probably spot most everything I’ve showed you in this one picture. It’s all in here and then some. *smile*

living5

Personally, I love walking into someone’s home for the first time and instantly gaining a feel of what they’re like. Who they are as a person. If that’s the case what is my house saying? Ha! Ha! Come join the crazy train! Woot! Woot!

So how about you? Is your living room Better Homes and Garden ready or a mishmash of stuff like mine? Smile

I hope if nothing else, this post brought a smile to your face.
Have a lovely day my friends.
HUGS!

Kim

P.S. My love of God trumps all the other things that I “love”. FYI Winking smile

2 comments:

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin