A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You're how old?

Today is my mother-in-laws birthday. We have no idea how old she is. My daughter asked her one time and all she said was she quit counting. Soooooo regardless of her age, tonight we will celebrate with her. I am going to make the most fabulous chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. This is my favorite cake in all the world and I made it for her one year and she loved it. And of course it's from scratch. I mean come on where's the fun in a box mix lol! If you are interested in the recipe I would be more than happy to post it soon. I usually end up making my own birthday cake (which is also this month) because no one can make it the way that I like it except for my Mom and she's in Maine. But this year my best friend over at Blessed Beyond Imagination is going to make us dinner and possibly a peanut butter pie on my birthday. Did I mention I love peanut butter lol! Hoot! hoot! Okay sorry I'm back. Anyway in order to get my cake fix that is what I'll be making today. Yipee! I love cake!

3 comments:

  1. My mom makes a really good peanut butter pie and brought two for our 4th of July party. Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods too. Have a good time making the cake and yes, post the recipe. sounds WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Happy Bday early, and please, PLEASE DO NOT share that recipe! It sounds like something I would have to try and be addicted to for life!!!! lol J/k

    Many blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like the recipe,sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin