A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Before You Follow My Blog, Read This!

For those of you who already follow, sorry but it's too late for you. There's no hope.You're stuck with me! LOL!
First let me define my blog title
Homestead- any dwelling with its land and buildings where a family makes its home.
Since we have a home, this makes me a homesteader.
Heart- the center of the total personality, esp. with reference to intuition, feeling, emotion, spirit, courage, or enthusiasm
I take keeping my home, very seriously.
Hence, (I like saying the world hence) my blog name Homesteader's Heart.

 With that said,
Have you ever followed a blog only for it not to be what you thought it would be? Have you lost followers and ever wonder why?
Well they have both happened to me so I thought it would be a good idea to designate a post, telling you just what you'll find here at Homesteader's Heart.
AND since this is the perfect opportunity to use bullets (because you know I love em') I'm gonna.
  • Laughter- I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh. If I ever complain it's done with humor and in terms that you can totally relate to.
  • Fun craft ideas ( I try to throw something crafty in here at least twice a month or more.)
  • Furniture redos ( These are sporadic as you never know when the perfect piece of furniture is going to fall in your lap) But I love to do them
  • Things that inspire me. This could be books, movies, small appliances etc. If I'm inspired by it, I'm gonna share.
  • Being Thrifty. I'm all about saving a buck and when I do, I will share.
  • Gardening (It saves us so much money and we know how they are being grown)
  • Keeping my home. This includes, but not limited to, being a godly wife, mom, personal shopper, chef, chauffeur, cleaning lady, laundry manager, toy finder, interior decorator and so much more. You'll get a lot of stuff about that, usually done with great humor because that's how I roll.
  • An over use of LOL's, !!!! and commas. I'm a writer's nightmare. Hee! Hee!
  • Our Chicken Chronicles (Because they are funner to watch than TV)
  • and so much more.....I think. My mind just blanked out. 
Now for the things you probably won't see on my blog.
  • How to paint the outside of your home in less then 4 hours. (Sorry! I'm no help there.)
  • How to fix the transmission in your car. (Really?)
  • Proper use of punctuation and grammar. LOL!


Well I hope this gives you a little better insight to what you're getting into if you choose to follow my blog.
I love those of you who have been around for awhile now and those of you whom I'm just getting to know.
My biggest hope is that when you come by, if even only one time, you leave with a smile!
HUGS!




Kim

15 comments:

  1. I just adore your "Homesteader's Heart!" You do make me laugh! and I like that.....keep on blogging and I'll keep reading and laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Love your blog, Kim! :) You make me laugh and it has been a pleasure getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim!!!!!!What?...we aren't suppose to use (!!!!!!) Oh my.........I quess I drive people nutty also.....lol....lol!!!

    You know you can't get rid of me!!

    Hugs and Sister Love...And someday I will teach you to can and we will video it..okay..okay!!

    Hugs and Squeezes Cindy from Rick-Rackk and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and this is exactly what I have found here and not found here...thus why I still hang around with you! Good job!
    I tend to over use this: ...
    I think my sentences are technically called run on sentences...I never know when to stop! :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're funny! You use commas and I use too many ...!
    Thanks for allowing your readers to get to know you better!
    Peace and blessings to your day!
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been laughing with you since, what, 2006? I am a pretty serious person...I lack severely in the sense of humor department, so the laughs I get here are always good for me.

    I especially had to laugh about not doing posts on canning. You know that for many years, I was convinced that I had to do and be something I wasn't in order to be a "good Christian." Gardening and canning (and raising animals) were high on the list of must-do's..and I HATE ALL of those things. I'm thankful that the Lord has allowed me the freedom to be who he created me to be...and given me freedom to shop at the farmer's market and buy canned goods from the grocery store...and to blog about teacups and home decorating and classic movies. After all, there's no one right way to blog, is there?!!

    Have a great day.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love following you and your blog! I know I can always count on your for a laugh or an idea and most days both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kimmy I love you! You make me laugh and yes! You are a godly friend and powerful prayer warrior! How do I know this? Because I have been here for the last year or so, and am so very thankful for you!!

    I love you LOLOL and the !!!!'s and will continue to deal with them if you can put up with my ~'s, and the ....'s and the occasional bahahahahaha

    Ok deal. deal.

    Love you Kim! and please keep on bringing us the vimeo's !! They are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never fail to amuse me! A visit at your blog brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All reasons why I love you my friend!!!!! Can't believe we didn't get around to doing a canning video when I was there - shame on us - LOL! You know I'm going to keep asking you for a canning video f-o-r-e-v-e-r because it makes me laugh and because I don't can either! :)

    Big your-overuse-of-LOL's-is-contagious-'cause-I-don't-think-I-used-them-that-much-on-my-blog-until-after-I-started-reading-your-blog-L-O-L siz hugs to you!!! LOL!!! Have a wonderful evening my sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, cute, cute:) I saw the name of your post title on another blog and you got me right there...I had to read it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a fun girl! I am your newest follower! You write about the most important stuff, the home, and the heart and you have good humor, what else could we ever want?
    Merry Christmas! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin