A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Getting Old Stinks!

There I said it and I mean it!
I’m pretty sure I’ve already written a post about my thoughts on getting old but I can’t remember….because I’m getting old.
I’ll go ahead and number my thoughts about this subject for your organized enjoyment.
  1. If I have my contacts in so I can see far away, I can’t see close up and need reading glasses. If I take my contacts out I can’t see far away but I can see close up.  Did you follow that?
  2. I’ve pulled a muscle putting a lid back on a container.
  3. A thought will go as quickly as it comes.
  4. I’ve actually priced Depends and commented on how they really do look like real panties. (Shoot me now!)
  5. While writing this I noticed a spider spinning a web right outside my office window and it has completely derailed my train of thought.  I’m creeped out and fascinated all at the same time.
  6. I can’t do more than one emotion at a time. Crying when I laugh has always bothered me.
  7. I’ve discovered some loose skin under my chin. Why is that there and where did it come from? Go away. Go back where you came from.
  8. Hair plucking has become a daily event. It’s on my Daily To Do List right there with wiping counter tops and doing laundry!
  9. I can only read at night unless I want an unplanned nap.
  10. Getting ready to leave the house takes longer than it used to and I will usually forget something.
Well that’s it for now. I’m going to stare at this spider for a little while longer in hopes that he never finds his way into our home.
Speaking of spiders my hubby was gracious enough to take a picture of this Momma wolf spider with all her precious little spider babies that happen to be on our front walk the other night. GROSS ME OUT!
IMG_2735
You’re welcome!
Have a FABULOUS day my friends!

19 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that little flap of skin on the underside of the bicept that flaps in the wind when you add salt and pepper, if you remember, to whatever you're cooking. That little flap of skin also waves goodbye in sync with your hand....

    ...yea, I don't like gettin' old, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't top you nor Mommamindy! LOL!!

    Have a beautiful holiday ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love your list! It could have been mine...I knew it as soon as I read #1! At the end of #10, I'd have to add...'like where I put my keys!'

    The spider is pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a longer list than that, LOL! Oh, the things you are going to be in for! You'd rather be friends with that spider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am consistently putting things in the refrigerator that are supposed to go into the freezer. I walk into walls, because I guess I can' see them. I forget what I am saying mid-sentence. Oh old age!

    And that spider....GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! LOL...but you do #6 SO very well, and SO very often!!! :) lolol....yeah, I seriously can't believe you forgot the flappy arm... LOL .... my trusty friend that never leaves my side. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to all of these. Then again, I have 10 years on you, so I've already started down this road. I don't much like it either.

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Patti

    PS The nights are already getting down into the low 40's...WAY too early to be this cold. I can feel my mood already starting to change...that oppressive cloud is upon me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I hear ya!! I keep thinking if I have this much trouble with aches and pains now, how am I ever going to make it to 65??!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you crack me up! At least you will be having fun, no matter how old you get :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already forgot what this post was about...something about going to sleep with contacts and a spider?

    I don't understand why you would lose trains of thoughts. Yes, I wrote trains, on purpose. :)

    You are a jewel! And a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so Real and so Funny= REAL FUNNY!!!

    I'm coming up on the big one this Fall.........sad but I can relate to a lot of those already.... easily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen the whole Momma Wolf with babies on her back thing in person and I still cringe at the memory of it. I almost touched her because she was sitting on a leaf I picked up. Shudder!
    Loved the list and totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ewwww...I could have gone my whole life without seeing that picture ;)

    But I do agree w/you getting old is no fun! Why didn't anyone warn me about the whole chin hair issue?!?! Where did those come from anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy SMOKES!!! That absolutely gave me the WILLY'S!!
    GUH-ROSS!!

    I just hate this getting old stuff....

    wetting ourselves when we work out is just awful! BUT I REFUSE to wear depends! But did you know they are going to be coming out with a light liner for that very problem!! A glorified pad for old women who wet themselves...LOLOLOL ~ can't you see the box now...

    for those moments when you may need a little extra protection:
    sneezing
    working out
    jumping on the trampoline (not your husband) jk jk
    running

    HAVE MERCY!!!!

    Have a good day.....I'm off to pluck ;)~

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROFL!! What a great post. I can sooo relate to some of those..but I'm not saying which one.

    And as for that spider... YUCK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Shmoly! I was with you right up until that picture came into view. Did you HAVE to do that? Seriously? Next time, could you post a warning at the top of the post? Talk about shivers and shudders. I'll be seeing it in my afternoon nap dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The comments are almost as funny as the post - LOL! You have posted on getting old before...I think. :)

    GROSS spider!!!!! Shudder!

    Big I'm-so-concerned-about-the-chin-hair-thing-that-I-keep-wondering-who-will-help-me-with-them-when-I-live-in-a-retirement-home-and-can't-see-them-anymore-'cause-I-don't-want-to-be-known-as-the-bearded-lady size hugs to you!!!! Love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin