A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, September 1, 2008

"LABOR" Day

Over at Rocks in My Dryer she decided that it would be fun to tell about our "labors"(the childbearing kind) on this "Labor" day. I thought it would be fun so here are her questions and my answers lol!

How long were your labors?

Kid #1, 18 hours - 8lbs.14oz
Kid #2, Induced (due to size) -9lbs. 4oz.
Kid #3, Induced (due to bigger size)-11lbs. 2.5oz
Do you see a trend?

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1, Started getting sharp pains in my lower abdomen.
Kid #2,I was induced because they did an ultra sound and realized he was quite large.
Kid #3, I asked to be induced because my last son was quite large and let's just say thank the Lord I did.

Where did you deliver?

In a hospital, where the drugs are legal and administered with just a simple signature. Woot! Woot!

Drugs?

Uh, Yeah! I'm not one of those woman that have to prove anything lol. It hurts. I mean come on if someone offered you water when you were hot dry and dusty would you say no? I don't think so. They handed me the paper and I said, "Where do I sign?"

C-section?

Nope. In fact I was told by my doctor that I had the perfect pelvis for birthing babies. I thought, Hmm I wonder if that would look good on a resume? LOL.

Who delivered?

Doctors, or at least someone who looked like one. They wear those welder looking masks so I'm not really sure lol. With my 3rd child all I saw was my doctor's eyes as she saw his "little" head starting to peek out. I pushed for about 4 mins. and BOOM! He was out. He was an armful for my doctor so she had to set him down on my stomach just so she could cut the cord lol. As I layed there getting my few stitches, I hear the ladies over at the weighing station say, "Holy cow, he's 11lbs. 2.5 oz. " I started laughing as I thought they were joking. Come to find out they weren't joking lol. I had nurses coming in for 2 days to get a look at the woman who birthed the toddler. I had never had such great service in all my life ha ha! Even today 3 years later my doctor says he's still the biggest baby she's ever delivered. I do have a tendency to over achieve lol!

If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave your link over at Rocks in My Dyer.

Blessings my friends.


17 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Those are so big babies for sure! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Eleven pounds! My grandfather was supposedly something like 12 pounds...way back in 1921...and his poor mama was 4 feet 9 inches tall.

    Thanks for sharing...I'm enjoying all these labor stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my babies have just gotten bigger as well. I hope the next one won't be near 11 pounds but it wouldn't surprise me. Thank heavens I've never had GD, then I'd really be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought my kiddo was pretty robust - wow! I myself weighed 11 lbs, 11 oz, born to my 47-year old mom. She is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of ours was 12 pounds when he was born and he barely fit in the nursery beds @ the hospital. I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that was so cute. 11 pounds makes me hurt thinking about it. You might be a little bit of an "over-achiever"! I have already posted and don't know if I have time to do anothe one, but if I do, this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a big baby! Although we do have some good friends whose first sone was 11 lbs. 96 oz. I always tease and say he walked out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized I typed 96 oz. I meant "9". Ooops...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved hearing your story. Glad you joined in. I have to say OUCH on #3 though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That IS big! But I think one of my cousins was even bigger than that; I think he weighed over 12 pounds, and she had him all natural! (He was #5, though)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having big babies deserve the very best legal drugs available, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! My oldest was 9lbs. and my body was NOT made for having a baby that large so I had a c/s (with general anesthesia because we found out the hard way that epidurals don't work on me). My youngest was just a tiny little thing in comparison at 7lbs., 6oz. - again a c/s and again under general anesthesia (spinals don't work on me either as we found out!).


    I don't know where the mosquitoes were yesterday afternoon, but I was so thankful they weren't out pestering me. They showed back up at about 6pm though and on the attack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is amazing. My biggest was just shy of 9 pounds and I thought that was big!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought a 10lb and 10lb 4oz was big! I had c-section, I could not even imagine your last one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I thought my #3 was a whopper (9lbs. 14 1/2oz.)! Can't imagine eleven!

    Can't wait to tell you all about number four! I think it's a small one though.

    Still prego...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are pretty crazy births. Large babies and your post made me laugh out loud. I am due in less than 4 weeks and went in for an ultrasound today and they said our baby had a "large" head. That didn't sound good to me! It showed it measuring at 39 weeks, 5 days (I'm 36 weeks 1 day). Yikes... :) My friends are giving me advice this week at our blog if you have any for me that you'd like to share! The more the merrier!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin