A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Healthier Blender Pancakes

I love pancakes! I have recently been learning about soaking grains and how much more beneficial they are for you and easier to digest.
I've adapted this recipe from a Sue Gregg Recipe. This is my version.

Ingredients:

2 c. buttermilk
2 TBS. coconut oil (if you can't find it Debra then use olive oil) ;)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. uncooked rolled oats
1 c. brown rice

1. Place this all in a high speed blender and blend at highest speed for 3 minutes. Less than that for a Vita Mix. I have a Vita Mix and I blend it for about 1 minute. Keep the cover on your blender and let stand at room temp for 12-24 hours. The longer the better.

In the morning preheat your "griddle" or "skillet" depending on where you're from, on medium high heat.
Just before cooking add the following ingredients and reblend for 1-3 mintus, until smooth.
2 eggs
2 TBS flaxseed (optional)

At the last few seconds add:
4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Then cook em' up and enjoy! It's a little bit of a different taste then pancakes made with flour but we really really like them. Remember I don't put anything on here we don't like.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to give these a go next time I make pancakes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting - never thought of brown rice in pancakes! Can you make me some? LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... pancakes... make my mouth watering.. yummy..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin