A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Who Knew?

Many of you may already know this little tidbit of information but I didn't realize it until earlier this year and if just one person benefits from it, it is worth the post I'm writing it in.
I've been using tin foil and plastic wrap for many many many years. And for many many years I would pull the whole roll out while trying to rip a piece off, making me want to throw it out the nearest window. Well to my amazement they had created something to remedy that. If you look on the end of the cardboard container you'll see this.
Duh! How long has that been on there. You simply push that little tab in and it holds the roll secure so it doesn't come flying out when you try to get a piece. HELLO!!! Did anyone discover this on their own or did someone have to tell you like they did me! Oh the ease of it all now. Now the hardest part is finding the beginning of the roll. LOL! I am now a self proclaimed box checker for all things good and useful. Want to see what else is working for others? Go to Rocks in My Dryer to find out! If you have any neat tidbits of information leave them in my comments so I don't have to hunt them down on my own LOL.
BIG HUGS my friends!!

22 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha! I never knew that either, Kim. Ok - in answer to your question, how about... your favorite pair of shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..see what we miss when we don't see the whole picture. Who would have ever thought to look at the box ends. I guess it pays to looks at "ends".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone pointed it out to me a while ago...I still live on the wild side and ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone pointed it out to me a while ago...I still live on the wild side and ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that out just a few months ago. I had NO clue all this time!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which reminds me - I am out of plastic wrap - thank you - LOL!

    I had discovered that on the plastic wrap boxes some time ago, but had NO idea on the foil. I just looked at my roll of foil and sure enough - those tabs are there. That is so funny!

    You are doing the world a great service, my friend!! :)

    Have a fabulous day and I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never noticed that either. It just goes to show how busy we all are and focused on much more important things to notice the box ends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add me to the "Duh!" group!....I only found this out about 6 months ago, and yes, someone else had to point it out to me.

    But now that you know about it, isn't it just the COOLEST?!!

    LOL!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. My only question is why don't they put one on the wax paper box?

    Hope you're feeling better today, sweet thang! That coughing stage when you're getting over a cold is the worst. Just keep repeating that Bible verse... and it came to pass. 8-}

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not know that!! Wow how cool is that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I never KNEW! what a great tip :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew that my friend. Thanks for the tip. I will use it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know it was there either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're kidding me? How long has that thing been there? I *loathe* plastic wrap for that very reason, and now I discover I've been tormenting myself for no reason. I think you just saved me an appointment to a therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kimmy,

    Wow.....seriously...I never knew!! Good to know, my friend. I feel so funny ... like this great big light bulb just went off in my head! Too funny!

    Hugs to you, my friend. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, NO, I did not know that. Of course. I buy mine at Costco in the big ole honkin' rolls, so it comes with a built-in holder and tearer...but still, oh to be able to share that with all those domestic divas out there that think I know nothing. ;) They don't realize I have a secret weapon named "Kim's blog." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I accidentally found that tab on my last roll. It is obvious that the people at Reynold's Wrap finally listened to a woman. :)

    I really enjoy your blog and welcome you to follow my blog! Join my follower's list and make my day!!!

    Have a great week!

    Jamie @ Dear Diary
    www.oktxok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Who knew? Not me! I do now. Thanks so much for this tip! Guess what the first thing I'm doing when I get home is going to be, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...I never knew that! Thanks for sharing...I needed to know this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, thanks I been fighting too long.......I gave an order to morethaalive, through your button ! Thanks Holly

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin