A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, March 23, 2009

Okay, so maybe I do have a problem!

There are many days I ask the Lord why He blessed me with 3 beautiful children, because I really am a strange Mom. LOL. Most of you remember the OCD Christmas Decorating post right? And the Cookie Decorating? Well it just doesn't stop there for me. It just oozes into every day life. For example. My 3 year old asked me to color with him the other day. I thought, harmless enough. Right? Right? Wrong! First he wanted to "share" a coloring book. It doesn't matter that we have 100 coloring books, he wanted to share. Okay, I can do that. BUT you color on your page and I'll color on mine! We agreed. Now here's where it got ugly. He handed me 3 crayons. Yes 3! A blue one, a red one and a yellow one. "What? This is all I have to work with?" Again we probably have 1000 crayons somewhere in the house but he hands me 3 and not only that I have to SHARE those with him as well. Now I'm going to give you just a little background on my past coloring days. Back when I was a kid up to teenager I loved to color. BUT the pictures had to look just right. The sky had to be blue and the grass green. The characters had to be the same color as on the front cover of the coloring book. Pooh bear ALWAYS wore red. No exceptions! Do you see where this is going? I didn't let my little imagination run wild and color the sky pink or the grass purple. No! It was wrong and I wasn't going to do it. Let's come back to last Friday. So there I am with 3 crayons and to top it all off, I'd never seen the characters in this coloring book so I had no idea what they looked like and what colors they needed to be and I was a tiny bit bothered with that! LOL. Are you laughing at me yet? My son likes to color with one color per page. I can't watch him! He is pretty good about staying in the lines but the whole one color thing makes me want to take over. BUT I didn't and we managed to have a wonderful time despite myself. I colored an apple tree that had blue apples and I was FINE WITH IT! See I'm getting better. Soooo.....anyone want to come over and play with the crazy Mommy? LOL.
I need a hobby! LOL.
So there is my Monday Morning Musing! I'm sure I could link that up somewhere. That's gotta be a Meme!

LOVE YOU MY SWEET FRIENDS!!

20 comments:

  1. Oh my, I would have needed all 1000 crayons to do my coloring, so I sympathize greatly with you, LOL. and don't forget - you MUST color within the lines! hahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blue apples Kim,I think thats great creativity!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I guess, I am alittle OCD (ok, alot!) because I always colored people the "right" way! I completely understand but I've lightened up the older that I've gotten or just too busy to realy care :-)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter got a paint by number for her birthday. She turned Five. She could NOT stay in the lines or get the colors in the right places. I totally took over and redid it. I am, a teensy bit like you in this regard. And others! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny. I think it's great that kids now a day can think outside the box, especially a 3 year old. I'm sure he is going to grow up to have a wonderful imagination. I think that is something some of us could all use. As you can tell I used to have to color in the lines too with everything being the right color. Just think a 3 year old taught mommy something, pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny. You sound like me. I am picking up the game and organizing the whole time while playing. Big fun right? can't stand it when the cards don't stay stacked. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. My very black and white brain, no shades of gray here, are singing your praises for your making it through that session. I would have been seriously stressing! Seriously! LOL! Hat off to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm kinda that way too! You're not crazy, just silly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is TOO funny and I can relate in some aspects, for sure. There are times I too, have had to bite my tongue on telling my daughter how something might look "better". But, we see things differently and I need to realize THAT'S OK! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all have our little quirks, mine with coloring is i get bored part way through so i don't finish picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my friend - you are too funny! I am very proud of you for the blue apples (and actually not sure that I would have been OK with the blue)!

    I think my son takes after you! Sadly, I torment him by purposely placing my playing cards all topsy turvy and not letting him "fix" them as I tell him, "Life is not perfect son - get used to it!" Ah, now maybe you're thinking that you are glad you don't actually live near me - LOL!!

    Love you anyway - even with your "issues" my friend - as if I don't have any?? :)

    Big Coloring-appropriate-colors-perfectly-in-the-lines-AKA-OCD Hugs to you today!!!

    P.S. I finally have a post up today. Very busy day - have been gone and have to go back out again in a bit. AND - I volunteer at the school all day tomorrow. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for checking out the Lazy Moms! Your blog is darling, too!!! Looking forward to getting to "know" you better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's something to help you keep control of your OCD temporarily! ( ;

    You will LOVE LOVE LOVE this chocolaty (healthy and delicious) recipe, too I modified it just a tad... but definitely use the almond butter and agave....found at Trader Joe's!
    (or reg. supermarket)
    You won't be disappointed!

    From this blog: http://www.elanaspantry.com/

    Chocolate Chip Brownies
    1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted (I used unsalted and added a tsp. of sea salt)
    2 eggs
    1 ¼ cups agave nectar
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    ½ cup cocoa powder
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup dark chocolate chips 73% (I used reg. semi sweet dark)
    In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
    Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
    Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
    Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish (I used a pan not glass dish)
    Pour batter into dish
    Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
    Makes about 24 brownies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just tell yourself they're giant blueberries, lol! I've mellowed just a bit in my old age, but I'm pretty OC about some things, as well. I try to go with the flow, but there are limits. And Duller is forever pushing those.

    I saw your comment re Parent Trap. It really is good to know others share those convictions. So many Christians have been desensitized and seem to think we're too prudish. I figure if God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, that means He doesn't alter the rules to keep up with cultural changes. We're supposed to change for Him, not expect Him to change for us.

    OK, I'll step down for now. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, anyhow. 8-}

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really hard when your child's play is not conducive to your disposition! Great job not letting yourself get in the way of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am cracking totally UPPPPP!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, windows rattling, old dog snoring, its ok, we only get up at 4:30AM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I am so laughing out loud!!!! I can just picture the frustration...actually, I really can because I am right in there with you! Coloring is an obsession of mine too!

    Bless you, Kim!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, just stopped over from UBP and I was laughing reading your post! I can totally relate to this, I have the same issue with my 4 years old, I can't color the grass other than green and this one-color-per-page is so stressful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin