A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Sunday, June 12, 2011

30 Day Photo Fun! Day 11 Silhouette and Day 12 Sun Flare

I figured I’d combine two days at a time to spare my subscribers extra emails.

These two were tough but I manage to capture a couple of pictures for these challenges.

Here is my silhouette picture. By the time I took this picture the only thing that I could use for a subject was one of our trees as the sun was already pretty high up in the sky. That and it’s all I could think of at the time. LOL!

I know a lot of people are taking pictures of their shadows but my understanding of a silhouette is that the light is behind the subject therefore making the subject in front appear black.  I’m by no means a professional so don’t go by me.(Donna what are your thoughts?)  But this is what I captured.

IMG_2123

Day 12 is a Sun Flare. This was hard for me to, as the only thing outside willing and raising it’s hand to volunteer, was yet another tree. Thank you Mr. Maple for your cooperation.

IMG_2140

I can’t wait to show you tomorrows photo challenge specimen.

If you want to see more entries click here.

HAVE A GLORIOUS DAY MY FRIENDS!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty shots Kim! I love sun flare photos... but find them hard to capture. I often get this crazy long shape running through my sun. :) So nice to have such cooperative subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you did GREAT!!! I would have created the solar flare digitally, but then I like to "cheat", LOL. You did it the way you're supposed to do it!!! And the silhouette is perfect. You want the exposure of the sky to take over the meter setting, thus rendering the other items dark. Trees make perfect subjects for these photo treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job my friend - lovely photos! You'll be such an expert!!

    Big the-only-flares-I-know-about-are-jeans size hugs to you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots :) You are doing so awesome on this photo thing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin