A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, August 2, 2013

Cheesy Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Okay, on whim while talking with my BFF we came up with this delightful chicken recipe. When I say came up with I mean we’ve seen similar ideas around but I just used what I had on hand and came up with this particular dish. I hope you enjoy it. It got 5 thumbs up from the fam.

Ingredients:

  • 3 large chicken breasts or 6 small
  • 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
  • 4-6 jalapenos, diced (You decide how hot you like it)
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • favorite bbq sauce

Directions:

If using large breasts cut in half through the middle (not lengthwise). Take one end and make a slit through the middle making sure not to go all the way through to the back. This is your pocket for the stuffing.

Meanwhile grab a small mixing bowl and add your cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and chopped jalapenos and mix together.

Now take your mixture and stuff about a tablespoon or so into your chicken pocket. Place into a baking dish that has been rubbed with bbq sauce. Now take your bacon, cut it in half and lay the pieces over your chicken. Finally, take your bbq sauce and slop it alllll over your chicken.

Cook in a 400 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes or until juices run clear.

Enjoy!

IMG_6076

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we were able to inspire you for dinner that night... I was almost as excited as you...but didn't get the tasting part... sigh.
    I'm totally going to try this. I already know I'm going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything cheesy and the hubby likes anything with jalapenos, so this dish would be a win for both of us. I'd love for you to link up at Food on Friday over at Tales of a Pee Dee Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish! I like spice, but not hot, so I would limit the jalapenos, but the male members of my family would love my share of the jalapenos in their chicken.

    Anyhow, sounds like a must-try recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like something hubs would like!

    Big you're-a-cheery-creative-chef size hugs to you! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin