A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Christmas In July!

ClickHandler.ashx.jpg1

It’s been a long time since I’ve done a Christmas in July post but I’ve tried to keep the tradition of doing fun Christmas themed things in the month of July for two reasons.

#1 It’s sooooo hot here in Florida right now that I’m pretty much spending most of my time indoors, so I might as well do something fun and festive to keep my spirit happy.

#2 See #1.

Hopefully this list of things I’m doing will inspire you put on your Christmas spirit this month.

  • Watch Hallmark Christmas movies. If you don’t already know, Hallmark plays Christmas movies all month long. They start out on their Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel for the first two weeks and then switch it over to the Hallmark Channel. (Click the links for the schedules)

  • Finish my Christmas afghan I started last year. It’s over half way done so I should be able to chip away at it and finish it before Christmas. This is what I’ve got so far.

afghan.jpg1

  • Make some more Christmas pillows. I’m trying to use my Silhouette machine more and so I used it to cut out the fabric pieces for these pillows. I had so much fun making them that I’m going to make more.
  • christmaspillow1

  • Christmas ornaments. I went to Hobby Lobby last year and really liked one of their ornaments. So I took a picture of it and tried my hand at making my own. It came out cute but I’ll probably try something else next.

ornaments

ornament2ornament4

  • Make Christmas stockings for my 3 grandkids.  I had already made stockings for my first 2 grandkids but I made a mistake and made them facing the wrong direction so I’m going to redo them this month.

I’ll try and give updates on my progress as I go. Hopefully it will inspire me to get these things done.

So what do you think? Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? Do you do Christmas in July? If so what are some things that you do?

Be Blessed!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas afghan and the pillows! Are you following a specific placing of the squares according the pattern, or designed it yourself? It is a very nice play of lights and darks, and much like a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lorita,
    I'm kinda playing with the pattern right now. Trying to see what I like best and then determine how many of that color scheme I have left to make. I think it's gonna be fun when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin