A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, January 17, 2020

The Journey Continues!

If you've followed my blog for any amount of time and you've recently stopped by you may have noticed that I've changed my header. I just felt like I had outgrown the other one because my kids aren't little any more and I feel like my blog isn't the same.

I started blogging on blogger 12 years ago this February. I was blogging before that on another platform but consistently here on blogger. I've had my times of super blogging where I blogged almost every day to times where I might have blogged 3 times in a year.

When I started my blog I had 3 young kids at home and I was desperately trying to navigate my way as a wife and mother. Heck I'm still doing that but my youngest is now 14 years old, my oldest is married with 3 kids of her own and my middle child actually just started his first job today. Life is changing around me and I'm trying my best to keep up.

So as I've looked back at some past blog posts, I have to laugh. There are now broken links to videos that no longer exist, terrible picture quality, so many memes that I joined in on, and who remembers the blog awards that were constantly handed out? LOL! Things truly have changed. My kids used to give me all sorts of good blogging material. Now, not so much. I think they are too busy trying to grow up and figure things out for themselves.

I never really found my niche on here and it's probably why I never became global. LOL! Oh I'm so kidding, about the global thing, not the niche thing. I was just a gal blogging about life. And my blog reflects that. I love looking back at some of the stories. It's like a little diary for all to see.

Now as I move forward in the next phase of my life, can you say PERI-MENOPAUSE, being a grandma, the worlds okayest mom and awesome wife to my hunkalicious, I'm still not sure what this blog will become but my goal is to connect with people, encourage people and probably at some point make people giggle. So if it's your first time here, welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by. If you've been here a 1000 times, welcome back. Things have changed, yet stayed the same.

With all that said, I hope you find my small space on the world wide web worth stopping by and saying hello.
So for this gal, who's ready to turn 50 this year......The Journey Continues!

Have a lovely day everyone.
Hugs!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I think we started blogging around the same time in our lives. I look forward to seeing what your next chapter involves :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging a bit more regularly again. I was around in those old days---and even when you were at the now-defunct Homestead Blogger. We've been through a lot of seasons together. Remember when you and Debra arranged to have a picture taken of the magnolia tree at my DeBary house?

    Blogging now isn't what it used to be...but as you have stated, we aren't we used to be either. Just as blogging has changed, so, too, have the seasons of our lives. I'm glad our friendship hasn't changed! Am so glad we got to meet in person on one of my trips to Florida, and I look forward to meeting up again the next time I am in Florida.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin