Okay here it is. My most favorite cake in all the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
3/4 cup butter/ room temp.
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk
1. Allow butter, eggs and milk to stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Grease and flour 3 8x1 1/2 -inch round cake pans. Set pans aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. In a med. bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on med-high until light and fluffy (about 30 sec-1 min). Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on med speed for 3-4 min., or until well mixed. Scrape down and beat 2 more minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low just until combined after each addition. Beat on med to high for 20 seconds more. Spread evenly into prepared pans.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centers comes out with only a few moist crumbs, but NO gooey stuff. Cool cake layers in pans for 10 mins. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. (I usually bake for about 30 mins. and let finish cooking outside the stove so as not to dry the cake out. )
Peanut Butter Frosting
3/4 c. peanut butter
5 TBS. butter softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 TBS. milk
1. Beat butters together with mixer, add sugar.
2. Add milk until right consistency.
I have to tell you that I kind of eye ball the sugar and milk in this. You know what frosting should look like so use this as a guide line and then play with it a little.
Let me know if you try this and what you think okay?