A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Spirit Award


My friend Kelly from Our Family Ramblings has gifted me with this wonderful Christmas Spirit Award. This one isn't so hard to do because it's themed around Christmas. I was starting to get desperate with the random things about me awards and posts because the truth may finally come out that I'm really quite boring lol!
Of course with receiving awards, there are some rules that come along with it. For this particular one, the rules are very simple.
They are....
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.

The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.

You must link back to the person who gave you the award.

You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! :o)

Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!

Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.

Here goes:
5 things I LOVE about Christmas!!!

1. Christmas means that Jesus was born and with that, He gave Himself as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Without Him this day would not exist.

2. I admit I LOVE the Christmas lights. I know they have no "real" meaning to the season but, boy aren't they fun to see!

3. Christmas carols! I love singing Christmas carols. The Little Drummer Boy, What Child is This, Winter Wonderland, Joy to the World, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem are some of my favorites.

4. This is the time of year when I don't worry about calories. If offered a cookie I will eat one *cough* or two and not worry about all the contents. I love making cookies and decorating them with my kids. It's a time for making my favorite goodies.

5. Making Gingerbread Houses. It's gotten kind of heated the last couple of years between my husband and I. It's quite the competition now. Don't worry you all will get your chance to vote on your favorite when we get them made lol. I won last year! Woot! Woot! Oh did I mention the day after Christmas we shoot these with a BB gun? Did you read my post yesterday? That should explain things!

6. I love the Christmas programs! It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street etc.

Now I have to tag 5 other people.
Here are my choices.
You!
You!
You!
You!
and
You!
Yes I want you to do it. I would like those of you who regularly read my blog to do this and let me know you did it so I can come and enjoy reading your post. It's a fun award so don't let me keep it all to myself.
Hugs to you my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Well I didn't read this post, and I don't follow your blog, or read your posts, Actually I'm not even here!!! SSshhh...Don't tell anyone!

    Really it's nice to see your trafitions...I may have to do this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CUTE award! For a very cute gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talkin' to me? I love that award and I enjoyed your list. I might post mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. I just posted my favorites. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award:-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin