A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, May 21, 2009

If I've said it once I've said it 4 times this week!

I'm out of SUGAR! Yes, I said sugar. I know. How does something like this happen? Especially to someone who loves a little sweet every now and again. I've literally said I'm out of sugar 4 times this week and believed it each time. But I seemed to have managed to find a little stashed here and there in my pantry for whatever it is I needed it for at that given time. And for some reason it hasn't made it on my shopping list the last 2 times I went to the store. Ugh! Anyway, today I needed me a little sunthin' sunthin'. Yes, chocolate! But honestly at this point I REALLY didn't think I had any more sugar anywhere. But I wanted to make those yummy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal cookies that I know you've heard of or have made at some point in your life. But as you know, it takes sugar. I thought to myself, "what are the chances of there being sugar in the pantry somewhere, just one more time?" So once again I looked around my pantry in desperation! Could it be? Could that plastic container I see WAY in the back be housing some sugar? YES! It was BROWN sugar! Didn't care! There was about a 1/4 cup left. So I seriously downsized my recipe and made me some chocolate yum yums!(They turned out great by the way!) Sugar is now on my grocery list! Oy! There have been too many close calls this week and I can't handle any more.

Needing someone to sympathize with me, I called my friend Kathy and told her my dilemma. I just want you to know, she doesn't have the same problem. In fact I made her take a picture of her "sugar stash" and send it to me. This would have been great if she lived next door! An addiction maybe? Yeah! This girl needs intervention people! Have mercy!


So there you have it. My almost traumatic incident! As you can imagine I will be going to the store tomorrow. Or Kathy's!
Anything like this ever happen to you?
Have a great day my friends!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Kimmy, my SWEET (or should I say NOT SO SWEET) friend. Well, maybe just until you go on your sugar rush. But, I guess you're sweet with or without the sweets. Am I right? Yup, I'm right. Hope you have a VERY SWEET day.

    Too-da-loo,

    ~ Miti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what gift to bring you if i ever make it to Floriday. 5lb bag of sugar! Yea! Gotta feed our addictions. LOL You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Lately I've been stocking up on sugar when I find it on sale. DH drinks sweet tea like it's going out of style so we always need sugar...

    Brown sugar on the other hand.. I don't always have..
    Thanks for the giggle this morning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is TOO funny!!! Love that stash!

    And you know, I think it is neat how God uses each of us to depict different personalities of Himself (even through our imperfections). I've often wondered why I couldn't be more funny through my posts, and seriously, I can crack a good one every now and then! It's true, over the years I have gotten a little "too serious", but God is working on me to remember to still have fun throughout my days.

    Like yesterday, when I was feeding Lizzie (10 months) her dinner, I was making all kinds of funny noises every time I brought food to her mouth and all my kids found it hysterical! Seriously, it was really silly, but we had fun and it felt really good to laugh. Hearing my kids laugh made me laugh more then the noises! God used YOU to help me with this, because it is you who inspires me to add laughter to my days. So THANK YOU! God knew what He was telling you when he said to keep the laughter flowing! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ALWAYS have brown sugar. (Well, not ALWAYS!) We ues brown sugar to make CHOCOLETE crakers with carmal/tofee stuff. yum.
    C U Sunday.
    The Orenczak girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I would start going into sugar withdrawls. LOL! Glad you got some. She definitely had a stash! WOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny!! We started buying 25lb. bags since we bake so much. It got ridiculous buying 5lbs. at a time.
    Hope you get your fix!

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl FRIEND! This is unacceptable. How could I ever come to visit if I had a gnawing fear that you might run out of sugar?? I thought you were a homesteader - don't you make your own sugar? :)

    I feel very bad for you that it was such a close call. Kathy needs to lend you a little sugar!!

    I hope your day is better now that you have chocolate! Big sugar-crisis-averted hugs to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin