A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

A Little Healthy Competition!

Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a bit competitive. So it works out pretty well that my hubby is also competitive. With that in mind we decided to have a little fun with our fitness journey.

We were going to get fitness watches but decided that the apps it takes to run them were a little bit too intrusive and from the reviews, didn’t work all the time. So I suggested we do what I used to do back in the day. I used to use my Wii Fit U game to track my activities. It comes with a pedometer/activity tracker that you link with the game and once a week you upload your data and it will keep track of miles walked and calories burned. Mine had broke last year so I bought us both new ones and we got started a couple days ago.

Let’s just say it’s keeping us motivated to do more during the day. Hubby used to be very active as an electrician but now has a desk job, so this is a good indicator for him to see what he needs to do each day to stay healthy. My life can be sedentary as well so it keeps me motivated too.

Here’s a video explaining the game and all it has to offer. You will need the Wii U gaming console in order to play but to me it’s totally worth it. Also if you want to just check out the info on the tracker skip to around 2:24 on the video.


Now if you’re not married, find a friend. Only one of you needs to have the game but you each need to have your own fit meter. Come one let’s get fit together.

If you missed my last few posts talking about the other things I do to stay active you can check them out HERE and HERE!

Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

HUGS!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin