A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, August 5, 2019

Getting Old Still Stinks!

Eight years ago I wrote this humorous post about getting old. If you want a good chuckle go check it out. Little did I know when I wrote that post what I’d be dealing with eight years later.

I’d like to share my thoughts in a little poem I call:

Hormones

My feelings aren’t my own these days.

The hormones want to come and play.

I’m happy, mad, crazy, weepy.

My hubby thinks it’s kinda creepy.

My monthly friend is more sporadic.

More like a curse that’s wreaking havoc.

My hips are wide, my skin is thin.

I’m growing a beard on my chin.

My mind is scattered, can’t complete a thought.

Remembering things takes everything I’ve got.

One moment I’m hot and then I’m cold.

A constant reminder I’m getting old.

The End.

I’m really not that bad on a day to day basis but some days feel very much like this. LOL! Hope it at least gave you a good laugh. Because laughter really is the best medicine.

How are you becoming the best version of YOU?

HUGS!
Kim

1 comment:

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin