A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, August 2, 2019

Fun Calorie Burning Activities!

Yesterday I talked about what I did on an average day during an average week to get in some workouts. Here are a few things that I don’t get to do all the time but are extra bonuses of butt kicking calorie burning fun.
Spikeball!
Guys, I’m obsessed with this game. It’s so much fun and it’s super easy to play.
 The pros of the game are that you can (depending on how intensely you play) burn a lot of calories and if you’re playing in the wonderfully humid state of Florida like I am, you are sweating and getting rid of toxins.
The cons are, you need 4 people to play. I didn’t birth enough children close enough in age to do this so we recruit one of my boy’s friends to come and play with us. AND playing with teenage boys brings out the extreme competitiveness in me. I don’t want to be the weak link after all. Ha!
Here’s a video if you’ve never heard of it. I bought my spikeball set at BJ’s and it was like $20.00. So not a huge investment.

Another thing I like to do is Just Dance. For this you’d need a Wii or a Wii U gaming console. Once in awhile I just feel like getting my groove on. It’s fun if you don’t take yourself too seriously and you will burn some calories.
Here’s an example of one of the songs. You basically just mimic what’s on the screen and have fun!

The third thing is just playing with my grandkids. When they do come over they expect Grammy to play with them and because they are 4 and under, they are very active and therefor I’m moving around a lot and picking them up and down (working those muscles) and in doing so getting some steps in and a bit of calorie burning.
Here’s are my beautiful little pumpkins!
I hope this gets you to thinking outside the box. Being active can be fun. Don’t take yourself too seriously or think you’re too old to start something new. You got this!
HUGS!
Kim
Did you workout yesterday? What did you do?
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The "Just Dance" would be fun! I'll check utube for it - although my version would not really reflect theirs lol!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin