A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chocolate Cream Pie

First off let me tell you that I have tried many recipes for chocolate cream pie and have failed numerous times. I made this recipe for Thanksgiving last year and it was a hit with everyone. Very simple and easy to make. Best of all it's super yummy.

1 2/3 cups water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (9 inch) chocolate or regular graham cracker crust

Mix water, cornstarch and cocoa until smooth.
Sir in condensed milk and egg yolks.
Cook until thick in saucepan
Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
Add vanilla.
Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
Pour into pie shell.
For meringue: Preheat oven to 400°.
Top with meringue and brown.
Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.
Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! Thanks so much for linking up with this! I hadn't found a good, easy cream pie recipe, so I am very glad to see this one.

    I think I'll have to go with the whipped cream for simplicity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little nervous to try it! Looks very intimidating!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I love chocolate cream pie - this one was delish last year. Remember the one that was "chocolate cream pudding???" LOL. :) Ah trail and error, gotta love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was linked up before, but who would remember and people need to see yummy recipes more than once, I say!

    Which flavor crust do you like best with it? And do you top it with the meringue or whipped cream?

    That's too bad that you don't have any friends. Perhaps making chocolate will get you some - LOL! I do know this gal named Kathy that you might get along with...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin