A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Breakfast for the Soul

Well I wasn't sure whether to put this under Devotionals or Recipes. But this is what I woke up to this morning. The devotionals I put on here are directly related to what the Lord puts on my heart at any given moment. I know this blog doesn't get a lot of exposure yet but the Lord knows what one person may need to read something that "He" has written. I enjoy being the vessel that He uses.

What's the first thing you do in the morning? After maybe getting dressed or having coffee it's probably eat breakfast. Does anyone need to tell you to eat? They don't have to tell me. My body tells me that I need something in order to function throughout the day. Especially in the morning, just to get started. Think about your Spirit for a moment. Do you feed it? First thing in the morning? I know when I am reluctant to read my bible or pray before my day starts it affects how my day goes. I can feel myself trying to do everything in my own strength. I get tired and weary. I get snappy with my kids. I lose focus on what's important. Isaiah 40:31 (New King James Version) says, "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Do you wait upon the Lord? Believe me I know life is hard and some days it doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day but I know when I've taken the time to stop and pray or read a verse in the bible, my day goes way better then when I don't take the time. And just like eating, you don't eat once and then expect to be satisfied for the rest of the day. You need to continually feed your Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New King James Version) says "Rejoice always,pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. As a housewife and mother you may think, " I don't have time to "stop" and pray throughout the day." One thing I have learned to do is to pray as I'm doing chores. While I fold laundry I might pray for the person in whom I'm folding their laundry. As I vacuum I might thank the Lord for a house to vacuum. You can find tidbits of time to pray. The Lord hears you as you rejoice in what you are doing. Colossians 3:23 (New King James Version) says"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,"

In closing I urge you to start your day out by spending time with your Lord and Savior. If you don't already have Him as your Savior then you can ask Him into your heart. Just admit that you are a sinner and repent of your sins, believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose again and ask Him to come into your heart. You will be saved. Romans 10:9 (New King James Version) says "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." I've done life without Him and it's hard, very very hard. Not to say you won't have troubles as a Christian but you have the Lord for the strength.

Lord I pray for the people that stumble across this devotion today. I pray for what might be going on in their lives right now Lord that needs your help. I pray that they seek you continually in all they do. Help it to be a habit for us. Let us long for your fellowship. Be with us today and give us strength to do your will. In your awesome name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin