A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Book Review- The Complete Tightwad Gazette


I've had this book for about 4 months now. While there is a lot of great information in it, there is also a lot of stuff that I personally couldn't see myself doing. But I think that is with anything really. There are great tips and recipes throughout. She covers just about everything that you can think of from using recycled lumber to making bubble solution for kids. The only thing I didn't care for was that there is no rhyme or reason to the way the book is laid out. The information isn't really categorized. You basically have to read this from cover to cover to get all the information. I just skip over things that don't pertain to me. It is fun reading though. Some of the stuff I just had to laugh at and move on. I would recommend it but not paying full price for it. I got mine off of ebay. All and all if you are trying to be a bit more money conscious then I believe you could benefit if you aren't then leave it alone lol.
Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this book. I agree, some of her ideas made me laugh, but it is inspiring!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin