A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chocolate Cream Pie

Chocolate Cream Pie

First off let me tell you that I have tried many recipes for chocolate cream pie and have failed numerous times. I made this recipe for Thanksgiving last year and it was a hit with everyone. Very simple and easy to make. Best of all it's super yummy.

1 2/3 cups water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (9 inch) chocolate or regular graham cracker crust

Mix water, cornstarch and cocoa until smooth.
Sir in condensed milk and egg yolks.
Cook until thick in saucepan
Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
Add vanilla.
Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
Pour into pie shell.
For meringue: Preheat oven to 400°.
Top with meringue and brown.
Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.
Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. One of my grandmothers made a wonderful chocolate cream pie, but it's not something I've ever attempted myself. This one sounds easy enough that I would have the patience for it. I love to bake, but I often don't try things because I have a patience level of about minus one zillion. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin