For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Iris at Grace Alone is talking about Life this morning. It's so true that the older we get the faster time seems to fly. Are we doing what truly matters in the time that we are given?
When I became a stay at home Mom I thought I gave up so much. Freedom, money, status, friends.I lived an all about me life. But it can't compare with what I've gained. When Jesus died on the cross, He gave His life for us. When I look back, giving up those things doesn't seem so bad when you put them in perspective with that.
Make each day count. Love on your kids and your husband. Use your favorite perfume just because you can. Break out those special dishes and set a nice table. All these things will one day pass away, but the things that remain are the things that you did in Jesus' name. What are you doing that will survive the refining fire?
1 Corinthians 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
- I am ever so thankful for my salvation!
- I am thankful that being a SAHM is right where God wants me and starting today I want to try harder and do it even better, for His glory.
- I am thankful for my marriage. There are so many hurting couples right now that it saddens me.
- I am thankful for the health of my family. I know so many kids that have cancer and have seen how it effects the whole family.
- I am thankful for the abundance of friends I've met in this blog land. I treasure your friendships very much.
- I am thankful that God is in control of EVERYTHING!
Hugs to you my friends.