A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Do You Feel It? The Gravitational Pull?

I seriously have a problem. It happens every single year. I can't seem to help myself.
It's the Christmas Bug! I am sucked into anything Christmas.

Just the other day Kathy and I were at the only Wal-Mart in our area that has fabric left and we went nuts when we saw the Christmas fabric. We ooo'd and we ahhhh'd we touched it all and planned to come back and get some when we had time to really look it over. Let me let you in on something. I DON'T NEED ANY MORE CHRISTMAS FABRIC! I have plenty from last year when I did the same thing.

THEN it happened to me tonight while out on a little errand run with my husband. I walked past the rows and rows of Christmas magazines. I wanted to buy them all and flip through their happy little pages full of colorful Christmasy ideas and recipes and decorations. But you know what? I HAVE CHRISTMAS MAGAZINES FROM 1998 STILL! I don't need any more.

THEN I'm in a store today and lo' and behold, there they were, Christmas decorations. All shapes and sizes and colors. Trees, tinsel, little fiber optic villages, snowmen. Oh the joy!!! But you know what? I DON'T NEED ANY MORE DECORATIONS!

Someone please pull the plug! LOL.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is it curable? Is there a hotline?
I will tell you one thing. It's supposed to be 80 here on Saturday and I think I'm going to pretend it's really fall and do some Christmas shopping early. Anyone already done yet?
Can ANYONE relate?

HUGS!!

12 comments:

  1. So what pretty things did you make with all the Christmas fabric you bought last year??? what cool crafts did you do from those magazines from 1998??? I wish I had an artsy/crafty talent...

    Sorry I don't have any cures for your 'bug' :o)- other than step away from the Wal-Mart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back Up!! Don't do it! None of us need another thing. I have always bought a fresh tree but last year I broke down and bought a pre lit 9 foot tree for $80.00 So now I am going to use that until my heart is content......None of us need anything else!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim

    You are too funny....JUST SAY NO :).....RIIIIIIGHT!

    Easier said than done I KNOW! but is it still that hot there? good grief my friend, it has been in the 40's at night here and in the 50's in the daytime. I was talking to Dad and they were jealous ~ he said it was 90 in StAugustine....YUCK!

    Happy Christmas ooo-ing and ahh-ing

    love to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way (except that this morning it is cold enough to believe that Xmas is on its way). I save my Xmas magazines and also have a collection of books (everything from children's to ideas); they stay on the furtherest shelf in the (once) family room and come out about the beginning of November. Then I & others can leisurely look through them! I also do my Xmas letter & address my envelopes early so I'm less rushed during the season when everyone else is rushed. I LURF Christmas!!!

    So, what's the problem with that??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas and I usually start my shopping around this time of year. We have 20 people to buy for so, we have to spread the expense over several paychecks.

    And no, I don't think it can be cured:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something I struggle with every year! I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm determined not to buy anything this year I don't absolutely need.

    God Bless,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my name is Sarah and I am a Christmas-a-holic. My addiction manifests itself is paper instead of fabric however. Oh and ribbons pretty fabric ribbon. Decorations! Must have decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,

    I too, believe that the stores are just off a bit with their seasons. I love that some people like to get a jump start on shopping but honestly Halloween isn't even here yet and there are Christmas decorations everywhere.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, I am way behind this year. I am usually 90% done with the shopping. I have not one thing yet. I am also a black friday shopper. Love deals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Sophie and I'm a Christmas-holic. However, I've found the cure. Being flat busted, broke, bankrupt, tapped out in your Christmas club, shattered the piggy bank... Amazing how much self-control an empty wallet can stir up, LOL! Hopefully, that check for our stove will show up soonly. Then I get to buy a new stove! Yea!

    Hey, I can't complain. We have supper every night, which is more than a lot of people in this world. 8-]

    Love ya loads, sisterchick!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here I am! Was gone all day subbing for the 1st grade teacher (who has the flu) with cute fidgety chatty children who had to stay inside all day 'cause of rain! And 5 of 12 were out sick. Others were just over sickness, so I am now imagining that I am beginning all sorts of symptoms - LOL! (It really is my imagination, but I'll be mad if 2-3 days from now I end up sick!)

    There's a HUGE storm here and I came home to find our patio cover completely collapsed!

    Oh wait - this comment is supposed to be about you - right?? I love Christmas, but I don't like seeing the stuff before November. I do always run behind so I suppose I should just give in and start planning now. But there's Thanksgiving first and I host it.

    You do have a problem, but I love you anyway - LOL!! Big oh-look-at-that-fabric-no-look-at-those-decorations-no-look-at-those-magazines-no-No-NO-hugs to you!! Have a lovely evening my pumpkin recipe-linking friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have WAY WAY WAY too much Christmas stuff! In our house, though, it is my husband who picks up more lighs and decorations. No lie. :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin