A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A ME Update

Well I thought I’d just give you an update on what’s been going on with little ol’ me. Because you care right? Yeah, I thought so.

Do you mind if I use bullets? It just makes the jumbled mess in my brain appear neater and more organized!

So here it goes in no particular order.

  • I quit coffee 3 days ago and had a headache for 2 days but I’m good now. (Will explain later!)
  • I had acupuncture for the first time 4 days ago. That’s a story in and of itself. Maybe I’ll save it for Friday Funnies! LOL!
  • We lost power for 6 hours yesterday.The good news is that the only casualty was a chicken that I was cooking in the crockpot. *sigh*
  • I went thrift store shopping and scored on some goodies.  I’m making some projects out of one thing that I found that might inspire you to use your imagination while looking at things differently.
  • I picked green beans out of our garden yesterday.
  • I still haven’t had to use our dryer in almost two months now and I’m still enjoying line drying. I just can’t explain it but I love it.
  • I made a pillow yesterday out of some pretty fabric that I bought at Hobby Lobby. Pictures to come soon.

Well I can’t think of any more mind blowing things that happened to me recently so I guess I’ll end it here.

What’s been going on with you?

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY MY FRIENDS!

14 comments:

  1. YOU gave up coffee???? Is everything okay?

    Picking green beans already...how cool!

    We had winds yesterday of 50mph. My laundry might have blown to your house if it was on the line. I think it is great that you are doing that. Clothes just smell and feel better.

    Can't wait to see what you made.

    Have a blessed day my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You brave woman for giving up coffee! WTG!!

    You are so crafty and can't wait to see what you made/make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking green beans!WOW!...no wait did you say gave up coffee!whoa!
    Brave gurl, can't wait to hear this story and the "needle story"what?
    ~Jo
    Lazy on Loblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update! Good for you on quitting coffee. I tried and failed:-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. There HAS to be some medical issue for this coffee thing!! Seriously??? LOL

    So love the hanging the clothes on the line! I would do that if I could....makes me think of my Nana :)

    Your garden looks awesome and I am wishing I was your neighbor !!!

    You forgot pics of the pillow *ahem*

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go back and forth about giving up coffee. I just realllly love the taste! I could switch to decaf, I guess. Hmmmm. You are picking things from a garden?! Our yard is a wet soggy mess. Nothing growing but moss :( Today I am taking it one minute at a time, no joke. Woke up cranky and can't seem to shake it. Drinking tea from a pretty tea cup - it's helping a little. :) Keeping the kids busy with activities - that is also helping. I'll pick up the mess later. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be interested in hearing more about the acupuncture. I have always been interested in trying that.

    Several years ago, I started line-drying all our stuff. It was kind of a "legalistic" thing with me...you know, doing things "old school" because it was more godly to do them like that. Well, now the only things I line-dry are sheets and my son's jeans. My family doesn't like the stiffness that results from line-drying. However, my son hates having his jeans in the dryer even more...they might shrink a hundredth of a millimeter or something.

    I'm glad you are enjoying the line drying, though. There's nothing like those fresh, crisp sheets when they come in from the line.

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave up coffee???!!! (Notice how most of us mentioned that!) lol

    I absolutely love fresh green beans. LOVE THEM. I could make a meal out of fresh green beans and tomatoes. YUM.

    Looking forward to seeing your pillow pics! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Always want to hear about you. How great to have the climate for line drying and gardening and such! Blessings and joy~ Linda J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE bullets! My brain thinks in bullet form, so it works great for me! LOL. So you PICKED green beans already??? Gosh, it's too early to even put the seeds in the ground here! Incredible! I am sooooo happy for that that you got your new place because you are growing and learning - expanding your horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me - had to pick up the dropped laptop after reading that you QUIT coffee!! LOL! Gonna need more info on that for sure!

    Would love to hear more about the acupuncture - did you take video? :)

    Sorry about the chicken casualty in the power outage, but yay about all the rest of the bullets!

    BIG gonna-shed-a-little-tear-using-my-twin-coffee-cup-tomorrow-morning hugs to you my sweet friend!!! Can you drink tea or are you off caffeine? I better send an extra hug! Uh-oh, you're not off chocolate too are you?? I better go - I'm starting to hyperventilate. LOL!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you lost your chicken in the crock pot during the power outage. Thankful your no coffee headache is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy! I should give up coffee, too. I know how bad it is when you come to depend on it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love drying on a line too and I can't explain it either. lol. I think it is just about getting back in touch with the past, etc.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin