A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The New Word Verification

Hi everyone. I have just a little rant. Nothing major but it may affect some of you. I see that blogger has a new word verification thingy. I also seem to get the ones that are all jumbled together so I can’t see the letters properly and end up sitting there way longer than I had anticipation trying to leave a comment. Time is precious as it is but with this new verification thing I just don’t have the patience to try and figure out the scrambled letters.

With that said I won’t be leaving comments for people with the word verification set up. Will I still read your blog? Of course, but you just won’t know it. I’m VERY sorry but it’s soooo frustrating for me.

The spam filter that blogger has is very good. You can also set your preference for your comments to be approved before they are published that way you can weed out comments you don’t want. The only spam I usually get is on older posts and they never get published but blogger sends them directly to me for approval/disapproval etc.

Ultimately you have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

Well there it is. My little rant.

STILL LOVE ME?

Have a FANTABULOUS day my friends!

14 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just came from Loren's blog and so glad I did. I had to smile at reading this because I just disabled my word verification; I've had spam in the past and hope that I'm done with it. I'm following you because we have many of the same friends, here and on FB, and I look forward to getting to know you.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having the same problem. So much so that I took down my word verification because if I was having issues I figured other people may too. Crazy. Why make it so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so tired of all this mumble jumble that google is doing & redoing all the time. WV is not necessary ... they are a royal pain right now.

    Have a great eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disabled word verification after the change. It's really annoying and I don't want to lose any readers because of it. I LOVE getting comments on my blog...!!! Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally annoying! I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still love you!!! LOL, I am in total agreement and noted the same issue in one of my recent posts. One blogging friend has switched, thanks to my gentle suggestions. Another one said that she would not. I guess she's going to be missing a lot of future comments! It is just too frustrating and time consuming to do the double verifications. And Blogger has done a great job with the spam filters, and there is always comment moderation for additional control

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know if I have that or not...will you tell me so I can change it if so? That is frustrating when you can't tell what a letter is : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, friend. And if I wasn't totally tangled up with Google with my blog, we would have totally eradicated Google from our life. As it is, we have eliminated everything from toolbars to search boxes--everything we possibly can. Sigh. It seems you have unleashed the rant in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I TOTALLY agree with you! I'm having to try 2 or 3 times to get my comments to go through. Word verification was annoying before, but now it's downright atrocious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do everything from my cell phone. Yes even the random blog post I do is done on the phone. The word verification is way to much trouble to mess with while ony phone.

    I am so glad you do not have one here

    Journeying with Joy
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that word verification is annoying, though it doesn't stop me from leaving comments. If I've decided to leave a comment - nothing will stop me - LOL! :)

    Big did-this-rant-start-because-of-a-lack-of-coffee-or-you-not-wanting-to-have-to-put-on-your-readers size hugs to you!! LOL - just teasing you my friend! Those squished & twisted word verifications are so so hard to read! Love you friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up. I turned comment verification off and I'll give it a shot and see if I don't get any spam. I was getting it a lot a few months ago, even with the comment verification turned on. I'm hoping their spam filter will do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always have a way of cutting to the chase. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin