A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, December 27, 2013

A Little Christmas Day Recap

20131225_072438

I honestly can’t believe that Christmas has come and gone once again. Every year it seems to come and go faster and faster.

I love Christmas, it’s my favorite time of year. I love Christmas morning and all the excitement that comes with the anticipation of things to come.

Christmas day I heard our boys gather their stockings EARLY like 5:30ish. They know not to wake us but they are always welcome to get their stocking and that seems to keep them busy for awhile.

I think I meandered out of bed around 6:30, got my coffee, waited for my hubby to wake up and then we opened our stockings on our bed together. The kids had no idea we were even awake because they were all in their sisters room with the door shut. Ha! Ha! Ha! It was nice having a little “quiet” time with hubby before the fun began.

I had made banana nut muffins and prepped a sausage egg casserole the night before so breakfast was a breeze.

We then got to unwrapping our blessed gifts to one another. We like to take turns opening gifts . That way we can all see who got what and really enjoy that time of giving and receiving. 20131225_08070120131225_08245420131225_082505

I always get the family a movie to watch on Christmas. This year we had a choice of 3. Monsters University, Despicable Me 2 and Phineas and Ferb Mission Marvel. We opted for the latter one because it’s the only one none of us had seen yet.

Near the end of the day we make our way over to our BFF’s house for Christmas dinner. My bestest always sets a beautiful table and dinner is always delicious.

Kathy's Christmas table

I always wish that Christmas day would go slow and it always seems to slow down on that one day and I’m so thankful.

I am blessed. Being blessed doesn’t mean you’re without trials and tribulations but it means that you look to appreciate the wonderful things you do have each and every day.

Now two days later the decorations are down and I’m getting ready for the new year.

I asked the question on Facebook about when you take down your decorations and it’s pretty split in the middle between taking them down right away or waiting till after the new year. There is no right or wrong way to do it. You gotta do what best suits you. *smile*

What about you? Did you have a merry Christmas?

Have a lovely day my friends.

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks so beautiful and festive! Oh Kim, it's been way too long since I last visited your blog. Glad to be back.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Ours was terrific, though very different from all the other years together. Our decorations are still up will remain so for a few more days. We're still catching up with chores now that we're back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a blessed day! We take turns opening gifts too - since there's so few of us and not many gifts, we gotta stretch it out! Me and the kiddo watched Home Alone (he got it for me) after breakfast while hubs and brothers worked on one of their cars. Then we all had a nice dinner. That table setting is so beautiful!

    Big I'll-have-you-know-that-our-Christmas-stuff-is-still-up size hugs to you! :) But it will come down by this weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin