A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, February 26, 2016

20 Years!

My hubbalicious and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this month. 20 years! It seems to have flown by yet it hasn’t at the same time. Make sense?

I could go on and on about how wonderful he is (cause he is) and how hot I think he is (because I do) and how he still makes my heart go pitter patter (because he does) but you don’t want to hear about that do ya? Winking smile

But I did want to share what we ended up doing. Not because it was spectacular or anything but because I wanted to show you that you can have fun at home during special days or anniversaries. It did help that my parents had recently bought a winter home nearby and watched the boys for three days. Just sayin’. Did I ever mention that my parents have been married for 62 years? Yeah, we have a little catching up to do. Ha!

Anyhoo. About 5 years ago we took a family trip up to the mountains and loved where we stayed. We swore we would go back for our 20th. But we didn’t. Which goes to show you shouldn’t swear. *smile*

There were many reasons we didn’t go but the main one being that we both would want the boys with us. So we decided to stay close to home and save the time and money for another family vacation. Yeah, we’re good like that. Just go ahead and give us the Parents of the Year award now and I’ll move on.

On day one we really just ended up running errands to gather things for our other two days. You know things like yummy food for our romantic night in.

20160215_164231

The second day we went fishing. We could not have asked for better weather. It was a perfect 80 degrees, sunny and not real windy. Living in Florida you never really know what February is going to be like. It can be down in the 40’s or in this case up in the 80’s.  Sadly a few nights before we had a really bad storm and it seemed to have churned up the river, so not a whole lot biting went on. But we still had fun.

Here’s the fearless captain now. Hi honey!

20160216_163603

His first mate. Hi me!

20160216_181616

While venturing out we saw this really cool sail boat. It was cruising really fast, well for a sail boat.

20160216_163252

And what trip isn’t complete without seeing our local pirate ship. Ahoy mateys! maties? mates?

20160216_16333420160216_163350

As the night went on the sun started to set and I must have taken about 20 pictures of it setting because it just kept getting better and better every second. Here is a progression of some of the pictures I took. We were moving around so they are all in different spots but taken very close together in terms of time.

20160216_17412420160216_18120920160216_18155920160216_18270720160216_182507

This last one is my favorite. It was so beautiful. My phone camera only captured a bit of it’s beauty.

20160216_183007

No fish came home with us that night but we sure did have a great time. All smiles here.

20160216_174210

The day of our anniversary we decided to make our own romantic dinner at home. I set a pretty table and we both did the cooking. We love cooking together. It gets really interesting. Red heart

20160217_172405

On the menu was green beans cooked with bacon, scallops, steak and shrimp. It was SOOO good.

20160217_172334

The rest of the night I can’t disclose. This is after all a rated G blog. Embarrassed smileBut we had fun.

And now I’ll leave you with this picture. Not because we look cute or anything but I wanted to show you the shirt that my husband bought himself to wear. I love him!

IMG_8101

So have you ever stayed home for your anniversary?

Have a lovely day.
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And how neat is it that your folks have moved from the far northeast to be near you and could then spend time with their grandsons while you celebrated?!
    We have celebrated at home several times and have always had a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sentiment on your hubby's shirt, and that meal would be an ideal one for my hubby and me. Now I will start thinking about our anniversary number 45.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and Happy Anniversary!

    We usually go out on our anniversary, but we spent every Valentine's Day with our kids :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin