A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Funnies! High Tech Meets Old School!

friday funnies

Today’s Friday Funny is a real story that happened to me a few weeks ago. I wish you could “see” me tell the story because I act it out so much better. But I’m going to try to write it as vividly as possible without getting too wordy. SmileSo put on your imagination caps people, I’m taking you for a ride. No pun intended.

It all started when we bought a new to us 2009 pick up truck. I’ve been driving a 1999 Expedition for over 14 years and although I still loved it, we needed something that would pull a camper. Well this pick up truck is fancy. At least to me it is. I’ve never been in a vehicle that had so many fancy options with it. It’s taken some getting used to; and some learning on my part. One of those things was learning to sync my phone with the computer. I thought, “Cool, I can just bluetooth my music if I want to.” Cause you know, why else would you sync a phone to your vehicle. *smile* Keep that in mind.

So one particular day, after owning the truck for about a week, I was driving along, listening to my music, probably louder than I should be, when all of a sudden the music dies down, on its own mind you. Then I hear my cell phone ringing through my truck speakers. People, I didn’t know this was possible. I keep my cell phone in my purse and don’t touch it while I’m driving so I kind of panicked. Not in an (oh my goodness I’m gonna crash) way but it caught me off guard. Meanwhile that whole time, I’m trying to figure out how the heck I’m supposed to answer it. So I glance around real fast and see a picture of a phone on my steering wheel. You’d think it would be a picture of a cell phone but it isn’t. It’s a picture of a land line receiver. Ha! Ha! You can imagine my confusion. So I press it and in a confused, I feel really weird, is this really gonna work kind of way, I say, “Hello?” And then my mom’s voice starts coming through the speakers. I don’t even remember why she called because I couldn’t get past the fact that I was just driving and talking to my mom THROUGH MY SPEAKERS. I think I kept telling her that I was talking through my speakers and that she was in my truck and weird stuff like that. I was kinda excited.

To be honest I felt like a kid with a new toy. I had that look of wonderment the whole time this was going on and probably would have scared someone had they seen me. You know in a, sheesh, that lady be trippin’ on something, kind of way.

It all was such a blur that I don’t even know if I hung up. My mom could still be stuck in my speakers. Winking smile

Well there’s my story of me feeling very old school in my high tech truck.

Can anyone relate? Please say yes. Smile

Have a wonderful day my friends.

Kim

1 comment:

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin