A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Let's Talk about Supplements!

 Let it be known that I am not a professional. I'm just a 50 year old woman who feels really good and isn't on any medications. So take this information that I'm about to give you and do your own research. I'm just sharing because if you're like me, you want to feel good and might not know where to start. So there's that. Moving on. :-)

So I grew up with a mom who was always getting in on the latest trend. Microwaved eggs anyone? Blah! But one thing I always remembered her taking, was her vitamins. I'm convinced she's kept dad alive all these years as well. Go Mom! Now that they are 88 and 85 and have been married for 67 years, I'd say whatever she's been doing has been working. They also had friends who made fun of all the supplements they took daily and unfortunately one of those has passed away and the other has a tirade of health problems and not living life to her fullest. Mainly because of diet and lifestyle. 

Now am I saying that if you eat pure, take vitamins and exercise that nothing will ever go wrong? No I am not. Stuff happens. Even to those of us who try really hard to do things right.  What I am saying is that it's worth giving it a shot because when those things hit, maybe you can get through them quicker or easier. 

I'm not going to talk about what I eat in a day in this post,  but I am going to show you the supplements I take in a day. 

Now this may seem like a lot and maybe it is but let's face it, as you hit middle age, no matter what you do, some things start to wear out. I've come to grips with it, sort of. 

Now I take stuff for my eye health, hormones, immune system, vein health, anxiety, dehydration and my heart. 

Here is a website I found that gives a run down of a selection of different vitamins and minerals and what they do, if you're interested.  

Now I don't suggest you stop taking any medications that you're currently taking but I do suggest you seek out a health care professional that specializes in nutrition helping the body heal itself vs. just masking a problem and not fixing it.  

Take the time to do your research. Invest in your well being. You are worth it. Your people need you to be around for awhile. :-) 

Also find an exercise that you enjoy and is fun for you. If you don't enjoy it, you probably won't keep it up.  

I love these two ladies and their videos. Easy to do inside with no equipment. 

Lucy Wyndam Read and Leslie  

And lastly, get outside and soak up some of that Vitamin D. It's so important to your health. In Florida we have it in groves but if you live up north and gray skies are the norm, them make sure you take a supplement. 

Okay, I think I'm done. *smile*

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to answer. I don't know everything but I have learned a lot over the years. 

Have a lovely day my friends.

HUGS!

Kim

 


2 comments:

  1. I am 58, and take vitamins and supplements too. After turning 49, my hormones went south..so more supplements followed. I take NO medications either. Enjoyed this post -:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! Love the testimony of your parents, too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin