A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wonderful Aloe Vera



If you don't have an aloe vera plant I suggest you get one. This is such a versatile plant and it's so maintenance free and easy to grow.


Recently my family and I were working out in the front yard and I guess we all got a little too much sun in the process. My 2 sons got sun burn on the back of their necks, their face and a little on their arms. My husband and I got some one the back of our necks and I also got it on my shoulders. Well the first thing we did was cut off an aloe leaf, cut off the skin and rub the gel like substance on our skin. We did this twice a day for 2 days and now you wouldn't even know we were burnt. No pealing skin and no redness.
Aloe forms a protective barrier over your skin and is best if left to dry instead of rubbing off. It increases the the availability of oxygen to the skin therefor speeding the healing process.
Aloe is also good in adding in digestion. You can scoop out the gel and process it in a blender and add two TBS. with juice and drink ( preferably) before meals. Cut back if diarrhea occurs. Each individual handles things at different levels.
I recently had to use aloe vera in a poultice to aid in a dog bite for my husband. Instead of becoming infected it had minor swelling and redness but there was no need for antibiotics. I will try to post the poultice for that at a later date.
Like I said Aloe Vera is very easy to grow. It grows easily in pots and very little sun. It tends to like sandy soil (great for living in Florida) that is well drained. Do not over water. They spread quickly and before you know it you will have more than you can use.
As always use caution when trying anything new. I am not a doctor but am sharing my own personal experiences. Consult a professional if in question. Ok now that I've said that if you want me to post more of these things leave me a comment about what you are interested in and I'll see what I can do.
Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin