A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blurred Vision

How many times have you started something with great enthusiasm only to have it end up sitting in a closet somewhere unfinished? I have a closet full of partially finished projects.
I love to craft. I love to sew, paint, draw, make things etc., but I could never understand why I didn't seem to have enough time to do all these things. The harder I tried the less time I seemed to have and ultimately it would end up with me being frustrated. Well to begin with I have 3 children ages 14, 6 and 3 and a wonderful husband. I homeschool and have a house to run. At the time this wasn't my "first" priority. My busyness was. It was allaboutme.com lol. Now don't get me wrong all the things I was trying to do weren't bad in any sense but they should not have been my top priority. I went to the Lord with my dilemma. Slowly but surely a change of heart started to come about. My focus became much clearer on what I as a wife and mother was supposed to do. "Lord" I said, "it can't be this simple." But the more I focused on my task as wife and mother and made that my top priority the more my life became more and more simplified and fulfilling. I gave up trying to do things for myself and truly became a servant to my family. I know that there is a season for everything, the bible says so in Ecclesiastes 3: 1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven.
The Lord showed me that in this season of my life I was to focus my attention on my family. My children are not going to be here forever. So that's what I did. I focused my attention and my heart toward my family. I can't tell you the difference it has made. My husband and I were just commenting on how awesome our marriage has become. I couldn't even imagine it getting better but it has. My attitude toward homeschooling has changed too. It's not drudgery anymore because it's no longer about me and what I want to do. I've spent the last month revamping my entire homeschool frame of mind and I am actually excited about this year. Something I haven't been in a long time. (I'm going to share that in another post) .
Mothers, wives, I challenge you to refocus your heart on what's important. Invest your time into your family and not your own personal interests. There will be plenty of time for that. I personally get up extra early just so I have a little "me" time. After doing devotions I actually have a little time to accomplish something that I want to do.It may be writing, reading, sewing etc. But I've made it a point to let it go as soon as the family starts to wake. Go to the Lord with the struggles you have right now concerning this area in your life. This verse pretty much sums it up. Proverbs 31:28 (New King James Version) 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.
You have great influence as a wife and mother. You can either influence in a positive or in a negative. You choose. You can have peace in your home starting today. Let's go before the Lord in prayer.

Lord, I lift this day up to you. Thank you that Your mercies are new every morning. Lord I pray for every wife and mother who longs to be what you want them to be. Give them the change of heart needed to fulfill their role as wife and mother. Give them the strength today to make that change. Fill them with you spirit and guide them. Take away those selfish desires and fill them with a servants heart. Bless their marriage and their children. I ask this in your precious name Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin