Okay, we've all got them. The question is now what do we do with them all. I am a self proclaimed ebook addict. I love them. I love paying half price for them too. Which is probably why I have so many. I usually am patient enough to wait until they offer a sale on them. Then WHAMO! My folder is full of them. So now what?
- Well you bought them so print them. I usually will print all of mine on "quick print" setting. This saves ink and comes out just as nice, (unless your ink is really low).
- With just a few things you can be on your way to having things organized. Here are just a few things to get you on your way. A 3 ring binder about 1/2"-1" in size. Page dividers and a few pieces of card stock. Not to bad huh? If you don't have page dividers I've used those little colored sticky things pictured below. Use what you have basically.
- After you have printed them, organize them into categories. For instance, Homeschooling, recipes, frugal living, etc.
- Now grab a piece of cardstock. I just simply wrote with colored pencils the name of each ebook going into that binder and in the order in which they are placed. You can use the same color as the divider for each book or however you want. You can get fancy and print it out on your computer with cute clip art. I just used pencil for time sake. (I don't know about you but once I sit at the computer I end up doing other things instead.)
- Now grab your 3 ring hole puncher and start punching. If you don't have one, well it's going to be harder but you can do it. Just simply press the paper through the rings. It's not as neat but will get the job done.
- Now simply put your ebooks in the order in which you have listed and Wala! you're done!
- Always keep your ebooks in a separate folder on your computer. I learned this the hard way. I used to have a folder in which I just through everything that was mine in it. Well I just found the other day a couple of ebooks that I had downloaded months ago lol. So I took the time to organize them all in one folder.(and I have A LOT!) Now within that folder you can also separate those that have been printed and those waiting to be printed. You don't want to waste ink on something you've already printed out but forgot about. Hopefully starting out organized and having your books labeled and ready to read will help avoid all that.
Why print them you ask? Well I don't know about you but I can't stand sitting at the computer for long periods of time. I like to sit in a nice comfy chair and really absorb what I'm reading. Plus I get great use out of my highlighter. How many times have you read something only to lose it later and not know wear it was? I highlight all important things that I want to go back and maybe write down or read again. It's your ebook now, do what you want with it.
There is nothing more satisfying then being organized. This is just one small area but it still feels good doesn't it? Let me know how your ebooks turn out! I'm still working on my homeschool tips and tricks that I have come up with in my journey and will post that as soon as I get it all together. It may be in parts, I'm not sure.
Blessings to you all!
Just adding this note because someone left a comment with a good idea. They put their ebooks on a cd and keep that cd with the hard copies of the ebooks. Thanks Bek for the idea.