A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday- Relationships


I'm not sure if the "actual" theme this week is relationships or if that is just what she chose to do but I thought it sounded good so I'm picking it too.
I am of course thankful for my personal relationship with my Lord and Savior. That's a given. For without Him I am nothing and have nothing, but this Thursday I want to dedicate to my MAN, my husband, my hubbalicious, my lover, my best friend. Yes that's all one person lol.
I was a victim of a divorce when I was in my early 20's. My ex said no one will want me with a kid and I'm not what I "used" to be etc.(you know all the uplifting things you want to hear after giving birth). Anyhoo, we got divorced, I had to move back in with my parents and get a job to support my new baby. A year went by (I did lose my pregnancy weight so that was a plus lol)and on Easter of 95' my ex came to pick up my daughter who was 1 1/2 at the time. It was a miserable experience but I was obligated to let her go against my better judgement. He left and I was alone and in tears. I called my best friend at the time Tammy and she said to come over. Her parents had a big Easter dinner on and to come eat. So I went over there red eyed and heart broken. Little did I know what awaited me. There sat my future husband. My friend introduced us and that's all she wrote. We went out on that Friday night and we were married 10 months later. I have since given him 2 sons and when my daughter was 10 he was able to adopt her.He had taken over Daddy duty since the day we got married. She was only 2 1/2 then. She is now 14 almost 15. To her he IS her Daddy! We have been married for 12 1/2 glorious years. This man can do anything in my book. He's an electrician by trade but since we've bought this fixer upper house he's, gutted and remodeled a bathroom, updated a kitchen, built a workshop, a greenhouse, a deck, a cottage out back, redone our electrical panel, updated our electrical outlets, replaced all our ceiling fans and more. I am so thankful for his talents but more importantly for the love he has for his family. I've never known a man so passionate about his family. He wants to be around his kids and spend time doing things with them. He loves to be with me. He have a blast together. We've climbed mountains and scuba dove the Keys together. He makes life an adventure worth living. He is the love of my life and the man of my dreams. Thank you Lord for my most excellent husband and a second chance at love and doing things right. Now for some fun pictures. You didn't think you'd get away without seeing pictures now did you. I mean come on, this is blog land man!
This is after we got engaged. Oh, how young!!!!


Our Wonderful Wedding Day!
This was taken before going to his 20 year reunion last year. Did I mention we went to the same High School? LOL! I wouldn't have even given him the time of day back then lol.


Here he is declaring his love for me in the sand across the street, for all to see....well at least until the tide comes in lol!
If you managed to read this far, I am also thankful for your patience and sticking it out with me. I'm off to read your thankful posts now. Have a most blessed day!

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful love story. May God always bless your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, what a lovely story. Isn't God great? I loved the pictures and I thought the two of you looked just as young, beautiful and spry in the last one as you did in the first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It sounds like your DH is a gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that God is a God of second chances.

    It is so uplifting to hear love stories like that. I'm very, very happy for you.

    Your pictures are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet. I did not know that about you and your family. you really are blessed. I too have a talented man in my life and it is sure nice. Family is so very important. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend, that was a great post! I was so heart broken for you but I kept reading and just wanted to stand up and shout for joy at the end. God is awesome! Okay, so he built you a greenhouse? Wow! My hubs and I enjoy snorkeling but I've never tried scuba. If I can get over my teeny weeny claustrophobia (sp?) I may just have to try that. Anyway, great list girly! I'm sure your sweet hubs feels the same way about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked so great at your high school reunion. I was just telling my husband last night that I think he is even better looking today than when we started dating...in high school. It is amazing how the Lord blesses, huh? We would not have been friends either if we would have met any earlier, but God's timing is so great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a true love story!! God was definitely working the night your friend invited you over - may he continue to do so for your wonderful family.
    ~Chrissy

    PS - thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this and I'm so glad I was able read this amazing love story. My first TT post was about my hubby. It is so nice to see the love, honor and respect you obviously have for your hubby. I especially liked the term "my hubbalicious"! This was a delightful post, thank you so much for sharing it with us. God bless you, your hubby and the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice thankful list and you and your hubby are great combination. TC

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got yourself a true romantic! What a great story.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I love to hear this! Such a great story - you are both truly blessed and I'm happy for you. LOVE the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kimmy, how could you leave out one of my favorite parts of the story???? The rose... :)

    I love your story, and I love your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin