A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, December 19, 2008

Chocolate Crinkles

This recipe is adapted by me from my very first cook book by Betty Crocker. I always cut back on sugar and fat so if you want the "real" version check out the Betty Crocker Website.

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 apple sauce
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar


Instructions:

1. In large bowl, mix oil,applesauce, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray your cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! My friend made me some of these last year and I just love them! Glad you linked them up!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin