A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Party Time!!


Christmas Graphics
Phew! I think I've finally recouped from the weekend.
As most of you know our annual Christmas party was this past Friday.
I say every year that it couldn't get any better but then the next year proves me wrong.
This year was no exception. One of the highlights was getting to meet one of my dear dear blogging friends Debra from Clothed with Scarlet and her wonderful family. I knew her husband and son were tall but when they walked in the front door I admit I was like "WOW!" They are both 6'5". What makes this even funnier is as people came walking into the party I started to notice that as far as the men go there wasn't to many below the 6'1" height. There were also a few of us tall gals as well. In short (excuse the pun) there were more REALLY tall people then there were short people. I have never in my life been in a room with so many tall people. As you can see it must have made an impact on me as I am dedicating the beginning of this post to talking about it.And have talked about it ever since. Ha! Ha! My husband told me later that as he was talking to 3 or 4 of the guys he found himself looking up at everyone lol.
Here is a picture of me and Debra. It took 3 pictures to get a good shot as we were both talking and laughing the whole time. It was hard to stop! She was just as nice in person as I knew she would be. I wish I could have talked to her more. But I'm sure we will be getting together in the future.
Here is Debra and her wonderful family. My daughter had a blast talking with Josh. She said he was very easy to talk to. He was a very pleasant young man.
This couple here used to be the praise and worship leader at the church we used to go to and he graciously lead us in some wonderful Christmas carols, in which I could have sung all night long. We should have gone caroling!! Hmmm, maybe next year!I always say that these parties end way to soon and I don't get to talk to everyone as much as I would like. But we have a whole new year to have get togethers, we don't need a specific day for that. So I look forward to spending more time with these wonderful folks.
I won't bore you with party specifics but we did have a Chinese Gift Exchange which is always fun. We did the marriage game (played like the Newlywed game). And we play a game that is always fun to WATCH. My husband wraps a gift card to somewhere in a box and then in another box and then in another box and tapes it all up and I go around with a dice and the people have to try to roll the number I say and when they do they have to go put on oven mitts and try to open the box. This goes on until someone finally gets to the prize. We got most of the party on video, including that.

We did run out of some food this year but I contribute that to all the tall people that came LOL. Next year, I'll have to send an invitation and have them respond with their height and weight so I can get an idea of how much food to make. LOL! Usually I make way to much and have leftovers for 2 or 3 days but not this time!
I'm sorry I don't have more pictures of all the fun but it just goes by so fast and we mainly took video.
Maybe I'll get to meet another one of my bloggy friends next year!!! Start marking your calendars gals!!


HUGS!

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all had a great time!!!Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful party! It sounds like a lot of fun!!!! Glad you had such a blast. Now, go put up your feet and have some well deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, the Shaw's. =)
    We sang carols at Christmas Party and everyone loved it. Really gets you in the spirit.
    The games sound a lot of fun. Can't wait to see some video of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time was had by all! I'm so glad you got to meet Debra and spend time with her. How nice is that?! I would love to meet all of our blogging sisters in real life. Wouldn't that be fantastic? Back to the party, wonderful! Too funny about the tall people - everyone is tall to me. I'm 5'4 if I wear my naturalizers. 5'3.5 if not. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw... sounds like you all had a great time. I was just thinking the other day how it would be fun to set up a get together for all the central fl bloggers.. hmm.. maybe I'll give that more thought.. after the holidays!!
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love parties and can't wait til that day when we can all meet at the eternal party in the sky! I received my invitation and RSPVed. Now I am waiting it to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and so nice that you got to meet Debra. My hubby and all his brothers are tall, so when they come over - I start feeling even shorter (hubby is 6'6"). And yes, tall people can eat a lot - LOL!!

    Thanks for sharing the fun with us and hugs right back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure wish I had been there!!! Sounds like yall had a fabulous time. The present unwrapping games sounds hilarious!

    Blessings on your week!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like lots of fun! Gosh I've not been to your blog in awhile,sorry about that! You and Debra look so pretty! I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful party! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim - the pictures and stories are wonderful. What a blessing that you got to meet Debra and her family! I confess my total jealousy in that!

    Praying for the rest you need now that the party is over and begin the rest of the holiday week!

    Rejoice in Him!

    Blessings and love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin