A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eating Healthy & Losing Weight- Sample Menu

Okay for some of you this is where we start to fail when trying to lose weight. The question of what to eat comes up a lot doesn't it? Like I said in my last post, this is baby steps. I'm not changing my diet in any drastic measures. I'm just going to alter portions and a few things I actually eat.
I know you've heard it said a hundred times but breakfast truly is "the" most important meal of the day. It gets your metabolism going and sets the pace for the day. When you skip a meal it actually sends a signal to your body to start "storing" fat for reserves, because it thinks it's starving. You don't want that. So as weird as it sounds you need to "eat" to lose weight. But eat right. Or as right as you can in this case. Is everyone drinking their water? I hope so. I've been doing that for about 2 weeks now and I can already feel a difference.
This is a sample meal for my day.
First thing 8oz. of water
2 oz. of Mona Vie
COFFEE! (No I am NOT giving it up)
An hour later around 8:00am, I'll have oatmeal with a tablespoon of ground flax seed(Omega 3's) and walnuts topped with milk.
The key here is to eat small snacks often. It will keep your metabolism up!
Around 10:30 I'll have a smoothie. This is so I don't have to have a big lunch.
For lunch, which is around 12:30 I'm going to start having a big salad. Lots of mixed greens, sprouts, carrots, celery, almonds, dried fruit, etc. Load it up! I try to use mostly organic but the nuts usually aren't. Like I said. Do what you can!
Around 2:30 I'll have a piece of fruit. Usually an organic apple.
For supper I like to eat what I like to eat. So it usually consists of something off of my cooking blog. One of our family favorites. Now for this I'm just going to deal with portion control. Not deny myself what I want but just not as much of it. We eat pretty healthy any way so I'm not to worried about dinner but it can still add up in calories.
Now always try to eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed. Eating right before bed is not a good thing.
Tomorrow I'm going to be talking a little about supplements!

I hope you are able to gleam something from this today!
HUGS!

2 comments:

  1. I drank my water this morning! That menu sounds pretty doable. I need to do better with the snacks to keep my blood sugar stable to keep cravings away. And portion control can make a huge difference. Thanks for the tips, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all great advice! I adhere to everything but portion control. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin