A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I say it every year!

Christmas will be here and gone before we know it and I'll have been to busy to enjoy it!
Ask my husband I say that every year at this time and it is always so true. But this year I'm planning ahead. I love Christmas. I love everything about it. And yes I have a tendency to get caught up in the decorating and the parties but that's why I'm starting now. I want to have it all thought out and prepared way before it's time so I can completely reflect on the true meaning, which is of course the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
So what am I doing? I'm grabbing ALL my Christmas books and setting out a game plan.
I get happy just looking at these books. Hi, my name is Kim and I'm addicted to Gooseberry Patch Christmas books.
Phew! Confession is good, now I can think straight!

With these books I will plan the things I want to make, my menu for our annual Christmas party, gifts and who's getting them? Have you been naughty or nice? LOL. It just makes for a clearer head later to start doing it now. I even want to get my shopping done WAY before AND wrapped!
Yup, I know I'm an ambitious little booger but I'm finally going to act on what I say every year. We'll just incorporate homeschooling into it all, somehow! It'll be fun.
How about you? Do you get started early or do you wait last minute to do everything? Is this post scary to you because you can't even think about Christmas right now? LOL.
These are my thoughts whether I like it or not! Hee! Hee!
Now it's time to get busy!!
BIG HUGS!!
Oh and did you want a peek inside that big piece of luggage with all the Christmas stuff shoved in it that I mentioned on Monday's post? If you don't then you may exit this page immediately. If you do then stick around.
This thing is stuffed and what you see there is just the first layer! It has all kinds of neat treasures in there and I'll be sorting through it all today!

16 comments:

  1. Wow...I came over her to thank you for your comment over at Laced with Grace and was inspired myself!

    I've never seen a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book, but I think you feel the same way about those as I feel about the "Taste of Home" annual cookbooks...LOVE THEM!

    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOO true! I have these grand ideas and them the holidays are on me. It seems I see the wave coming beginning of November and then that comes and goes and then Christmas is coming next. Last year I pulled out the my new resource book that you use as a foundation to read, discuss and create crafts using several books-but I hadn't purchased ANY of the books and was not a fan of my library at the time. Needless to say-that didn't happen. When purchasing my homeschool books this year- I purchased the Thanksgiving and Christmas ones I wanted. When I start organizing and scheduling for the year-which will be soon, I'm going to plan too! YOU CAN DO IT! Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are scaring me! I can't think about Christmas when I have so many things to catch up over the summer. I don't like to be a last-minute Christmas person, but it often ends up that way - not totally the last minute, but usually start accomplishing everything the last 2 weeks before. I do always find that once Thanksgiving hits, it's too late - things are too busy. So this year my goal will be to think about Christmas at the beginning of November.

    Wow- you don't really have enough Christmas books to get started though, do you?? LOL!

    Love you my friend! Go ahead and plan my Christmas too! :)

    Big Christmas-in-July hugs to you, my merry friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok...yes this is way scary! Don't even want to think about Christmas but I admire your ambition and trust you WILL conquer this goal!!

    I tend to be some better but When I was pg with my son 13 yrs ago I was put to BED at the beginning of Dec. and hadn't even begun shopping sooo....that taught me a HUGE lesson! My husband was doing all the shopping! The funniest thing was him looking for "panties" for our daughter LOL
    He didn't think it was very funny though!

    Merry Christmas and may your planning, organizing go WELL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wheels turn in my head ahead of time!! I actually execute it the day before or the day of. I guess it depends on if I have extra help for the project or if it's something I really enjoy. You are on top of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a mid-way kinda girl...not a bit too early and closer to late if anything.

    Just looking at all your stuff overwhelms me right now. It is way too hot for me to even begin to think about Christmas...I'm thriving on VACATION at this moment.

    Have a very Happy 4th of July! We are headed out the door in a couple hours for South Carolina!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am impressed Kim ! I never think of Christmas in July, but what a good idea. I do try to have all my gifts bought by Dec. 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who gets excited about Christmas this early! Congrats on the head start!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't do much in the way of cooking/baking/parties for Christmas, but I do start the shopping in the fall. Usually September is when I find the first gift. I do most of my shopping online and am a little anal about how much we spend and very anal about getting everyone the "right" gift. I even put together an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of ideas and expenses. Wow. Yep, that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with all your Christmas planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O my I better get cracking because Christmas is ONLY 6 months away (smile). You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are for sure kindred spirits. I start Christmas shopping Dec. 26th if I can. I have started making Christmas cards already. I am totally inspired to pull our my books and start creating for Christmas! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Planning ahead makes anything easier. I'm hoping to do some planning, too, and some earlier shopping this year.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did someone say CHRISTmas? Yikes! I can't believe it is now less than 6 months away and will be here before we know it. I have always good intentions of preparing earlier but never do.

    Love Gooseberry Patch books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep! This is very scary to me! I can't think about that now.I always want to start early but there seem to be too many things to think about for the days I'm in right now! But I'm very proud of you! Maybe I could start small. . . I might try and make some simple gifts this year. . . hmmm

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin