A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Upcoming Fun?

Some of you remember, back in a recent post, about a couple ideas I had. Well I worked out the details for the first one and even made a button for it.
Here it is.
As you can see the date is November 9-13. I figured that would give you all enough time before Thanksgiving to check out the submitted recipes and plan your menu. I don't know about you but I'm always up for a new dish! Yes, I too have my stuck in a rut, not gonna change it, type dishes, but there's always room for more!!
What you'll do is post your recipe on your blog (if you don't have a blog you can put it in the comments section), then go to my cooking blog to link up each day.
Here's a heads up on what each day is going to look like so you can get your recipes ready now.

Monday- Appetizers. Do you have a little something something while you're waiting for the bird to cook?
Tuesday- Sides. Hot or Cold. I'm looking forward to this one as I'm always on the look out for a new side to try.
Wednesday- Main dish. Yes I know that most of us cook a turkey and call it done. But do you fry it, roast it, season it, smoke it? I wanna know. I'm always up for change there too. Oh and some of you may even cook a ham or beef. Let us know.
Thursday- Dessert. In my family everyone has a favorite pie so we usually end up with 5-6 pies.
Friday- Thanksgiving Traditions! Yes on this day I want to know what it is you always do on Thanksgiving.The memories you've made. This is the day to get nostalgic! There is always memories associated with food. Share them!

But wait, there's more. If we get enough recipes submitted I will turn them all into an ebook and put it on my cooking blog to download for free!
Where is my cooking blog you ask? Right here at What's Cooking At My House.

I think this will be great fun! I hope you join in!
I'll give a little reminder as the time draws closer.

HUGS!!

17 comments:

  1. Cool! That sounds like fun, Kim! :D I'm always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read everyones recipes. Fun
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds fun. I am always looking for new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it my friend!! I can't wait - will be nice to participate in a theme week that somebody else is hosting - LOL!

    Great job on the button - it's perfect! OK - I'm getting hungry now...

    Big I'm-gonna-find-so-many-great-new-recipes-that-I'll-definitely-serve-way-too-much-food-this-Thanksgiving hugs to you!! Thanks in advance for the additional weight gain. :)

    Have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will love finding new recipes. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,

    I love how you have scheduled a different thing for each day. Definitely helps us locate just what we need.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog! :-) Fun kids.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up. I'm getting my recipes together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, (I love that word), I'm in!

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to it. I'll try to post some of my family favorite recipes that week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool. I can't wait to get started !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gonna be soo awesome! I will gather my recipes and memories :) Thanks Kim for being YOU!

    cause I just love you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe I'll get inspired to start some new traditions...since my spiritual mom went to be with the Lord, the holidays aren't quite the same.....but I truly want to turn the corner and pass on memorable moments and a legacy of family, food and fun....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was having troubles with the internet yesterday, but definitely want to participate!

    Can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remind me...I want to play along, but I have NO memory left, LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin