A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I had to have learned something!


I love participating in this Meme because it helps me reflect on the prior week. But I'm sitting here completely and utterly blank. I got nothing.
Let me think for a minute.........maybe coffee will help, hold on!

Okay I'm back, thanks for waiting.

I'll just start writing and see what happens. Flying by the seat of my pants, works sometimes. Let's see what it does for me here.

This week I learned that....

1. while relaxing with your best friend on the front porch enjoying a cup of coffee, someone will ultimately walk up your driveway and try to sell you home delivered meat! He got to range free chickens and I said, "No thank you!" I didn't want to hear about home meat delivery right then. I was chillin' in the beautiful Florida weather with my BFF! Call me when I'm asking "What's for dinner?"

2. I can mistakenly eat chocolate and not even know it! Yes, I confess. It was brought to my attention by my best friend that while eating at Jason's Deli the other day I had some chocolate mousse AND chocolate swirl ice cream. Now in my defense, it had been a long time since I had gone to Jason's Deli and this is just instinctively what I get EVERY SINGLE TIME. After I eat my salad of course. I didn't even think about it. And she sure didn't stop me! LOL! Yup! Once again I've proven just how human I am.

3. I am capable of pulling the muscle between my shoulder blades and have NO idea how. Usually I can pin point a moment where it could have happened. But this time I have no idea and I've been gimped up for 4 days now! UGH!

4. ...when in a pinch I can come up with some pretty non life changing events that happened in my life just this past week!

Okay I can't do any more.
Please, tell me something that YOU learned that is now making the world a better place!
Because I had nothing and I'm sorry for putting you through that.

Did you leave with a smile? Then maybe it was worth it after all!

HUGS!

23 comments:

  1. Don't talk about anything personal in the women's bathroom at church because you never know who might walk out of a stall and give you a "royal flush" look! { 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I've learned that I love my blogging friends like you. When I am in despair and overwhelmed, all I need to do at times is to read your comments on Heart Choices or visit your blogs. You bring a smile to my face and for that ...I thank you.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my about the meat. That is crazy. I eat candy without even thinking either. It is just silly how it is so easy to consume and not even realize I am doing it.
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. We randomly have the drive-by meat seller try to rope us in too! Too bad they never come by right BEFORE a major grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny thing is that people need to realize just how LONG your driveway is! You would think he would have been frightened away by my vicious dog! LOLOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a smile now! So it was def worth it. BTW, I LOVE Jason's Deli. I wish we had one near us. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great lessons:-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a true chocolate lover! :D You definitely made ME smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute chocolate story, and it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you and your BFF are close enough to have coffee on the front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...I think it's very possible that you pulled that muscle eating the chocolate at Jason's Deli. :)

    I love hearing the things you learn my friend! Big your-weeks-always-bring-a-smile hugs to you! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it crazy when chocolate sneaks into your mouth like that?? I'm glad that you discovered you learned something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yes, it made me smile!
    Thanks for a fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim,

    Chocolate? I would think you'd be able to just sense it's close proximity without even having to taste it.

    If you get a chance stop by my blog today for an exciting new giveaway.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you sure you didn't hurt your shoulder smacking Kathy for reminding you about the dessert?

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've learned that I really can be so sick that even the thought of chocolate - or any other edible thing - makes me nauseous. Thankfully, I was mostly over that phase before reading this post. 8-}

    I also (re)learned that the minute I firmly resolve to dig into a big project, something will happen - illness, injury, breakdown... - to derail me. Reckon I'll just learn to live with a flabby body and a messy closet. 8-}

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did leave with a smile. You always make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chocolate can be so sneaky can't it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Kim, you are never at a loss for words. You can always ramble on until something fun and interesting escapes your fingertips!! I do enjoy your blog even though I don't leave comments ever day. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never understood that whole meat out of a truck gig...so not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet! I would love to have coffee with my BFF whenever!

    Those chocolate deserts sound delish! Drooling on keyboard. Hoping I don't fry it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you are not apologizing for eating two chocolate desserts. That sounds like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin