A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rice Pudding!

It had been a LONG time since I made rice pudding and now that I've made it I wonder why!

I put my own twists on an old favorite. I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Jasmine Rice (rinsed)
1 can coconut milk
2 large eggs and 4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 1/2 cups of milk ( I used 2%)
1 tsp. vanill
a
1/4 tsp. salt
cinnamon
Whipped Cream
1. Heat rice and coconut milk to boiling in a sauce pan, stirring once or twice; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 14 minutes or until done. Do not lift cover or stir. All milk should be absorbed.

2. Heat oven to 325

3. Beat eggs in an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Stir in sugar, dried cherries, milk, vanilla, salt and hot rice. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

4. Bake uncovered for 45 mins., stirring every 15 mins. (Overbaking may cause curdling)
5. Stir well; let stand 15 mins.
Serve warm or cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon on top!
Refrigerate any remaining dessert!

ENJOY!


3 comments:

  1. sounds yummy!! Will have to give it a try and see if my kids like it!!

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I got to try it in person! It was DElicious!! Will have to make some here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe,got to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin