A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Fun! Pet Rocks!

Do some of you remember the Pet Rock craze years and years ago? Well my family is bringing it back baby! Well sort of.

On our trip to Maine 5 years ago we picked up some smooth rocks along the coast. When I was planning our Summer fun I thought about those rocks and how perfect they would be for painting.

So I got out the paints and brushes and we got to work.

Waiting for inspiration to hit!

IMG_2374

Dad found inspiration early. LOL!

 IMG_2373

I looked at my two rocks and instantly knew what they needed to be?

Any clue?

IMG_2375

Ta-dah!

IMG_2380

It’s a cute little ladybug!

And my next rock was a no brainer!

IMG_2382

It was the perfect Larry the Cucumber shape. LOL!

My two youngest started to feed off of my inspiration and went to work.

IMG_2376

IMG_2377

 

Little man made these.

IMG_2390

 

Middle Man made these.

IMG_2389

My daughter had the perfect rock to go with my Larry the Cucumber rock. LOL!

Say hi to Bob and Larry!

IMG_2391

Busy creating her next pet rock.IMG_2385

This!

IMG_2387

Isn’t it cute?

Don’t think I forgot about my hubby. No, he was hard at work creating this.

IMG_2486

Yeah, he kind of went in a different direction. LOL!

But we all had a blast making our creations.

IMG_2386

Well that’s the Summer Fun update from the homestead!

You got any plans this week?

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE Bob and Larry!!

    This is too funny ~ my girls did the same thing a couple days ago! Only they just decorated theirs with markers. (and I forgot about googly eyes!) And then they cut up old boxes and denim scraps to make homes for their rocks ~ I kid you not, it kept them busy for at least three solid hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your rock people. We are going to make some, too. Thanks.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rock people made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids and I used to do this years ago and put the rocks in my garden! Now I know what I'm going to do with my grandchildren next week!
    Your rocks turned out too cute! Everyone (including the hubby) did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to do these with my grandchildren next time they are over. These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to do these with my grandchildren next time they are over. These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so cute. Makes me want to sing,"veggie Tales, veggie tales...". I still have my pet rock from youth camp many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative family fun! Now I'm inspired. We've got lots of rocks here in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just adorable!! How you Kim?

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all turned out adorable!! Such fun! I really like your hubby's rock - too cute! :)

    Big pet-rocks-are-the-best-because-they-don't-go-to-the-bathroom-in-your-yard size hugs to you!! OK - I really was LOL at that one. :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are sooooo stinkin cute!! What fun :) I for one have thoroughly enjoyed all of your summer family activities for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin