A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How I Feed My Fetish For Free!

I have a thing for books. Not so much novels or biographies or anything like that, but I like organizing, crafting, cooking, fun fluffy type books. I guess they could be called reference books. Books that I’ll go back to time and time again to either look at or gain more information from. I just love em’. BUT books can be expensive and we just don’t have the extra cash to go spending on my obsession with these types of books.

So this is where Swagbucks comes in. I know I’ve mentioned briefly about Swagbucks in the past but I thought I’d mention it again in case you forgot or just haven’t heard about it yet. I also know that a lot of you are already on board and maybe you could speak of your experience in the comments.

I admit I’m the first to be skeptical about these kinds of things but I’ve been Swagbucking for over a year now and I am hooked. There is no catch. Periodically you’ll get Swagbuck’s just for doing searches for things you would do searches for any way. You then trade in your swag bucks for just about anything you can think of. I like getting the Amazon gift cards because you can find just about anything on Amazon. But there are also gift cards for places like Starbucks, Maggiano’s, Home Depot, Paypal, Land’s End, Barnes and Noble and many more.

For example it takes 450 Swagbucks to equal a $5.00 Amazon card. But they really do add up quick. I just “purchased” all these books using gift cards that I got using my Swagbucks.

IMG_2674

This is just the latest stash of books. I’ve gotten many more over the past year. It’s like, FREE! Who doesn’t like free? I like free? You like free?

Well I just thought I’d pass on this helpful information. I know in this economy we need all the help we can get. Now it’s up to you what you do with it. :)

Search & Win

Have a FABULOUS day my friends!

11 comments:

  1. awesomeness! Love free!! Those cookbooks are the best...Amazon is my FAV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love free too, so I am definitely going to look into this. I'm involved in something called "Blogging for Books." They are from Multnomah (Christian publisher). They will send you the book free, and all you have to do is blog about it. I just started, so I haven't reviewed one of their titles yet. Only problem is, they send them in electronic format, and I don't as yet have an e-reader. My daughter does, but I don't know how to use it.


    As far as the books you got...we definitely love the same kinds of books. I love Susan Branch and Gooseberry Patch, and I actually own that "Keeping Good Company" cookbook.

    I had better look into swag bucks.

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been skeptical of Swagbucks, but I'm going to check it out now because you said so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing! That's one of the only reason I do swagbucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think virtually everyone that I know uses swagbucks. I have been ignoring it for far too long... I just signed up. Thanks for not letting us remain in the dark, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some swagbucks.
    I was able to get a $50 Southwest card twice which helped tremendously!!
    Yeh Swagbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been doing Swagbucks for a few months now and love it! I don't do anything extra except searches and I have "bought" four $5 Amazon gift cards so far! That seems to be the best deal.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I may have to check it out now. Who doesn't love free?! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love FREE! I'm always in search for something free, samples, and coupons!
    Love your new profile pix BTW!
    Thanks for the sweet visit today!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swagbucks rocks! It really is great! I used mine last year all for Christmas gifts (wasn't that much but it helped me get a couple free $10 Starbucks cards!). I'm doing the same this year and saving them all for Christmas gifts. And hubs signed up but lets our kiddo use it for all his searches and let me tell you that kid will search a few times daily to maximize those bucks! He got enough to get an accessory pack for his 3DS for free through Amazon.

    Big it's-like-Christmas-in-August-for-you size hugs to you!! Fun! Love ya my oatmeal-eatin' friend! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm doing Swagbucks, too and saving up for Christmas shopping on Amazon. My kids like helping me get Swagbucks, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin