A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Summer Hair Cut!

   Yes folks, I’m living on the wild side. Yesterday I went to get my Summer hair cut. You see I have long, thick hair (I know, poor me) and it gets extremely hot and heavy when the temp gets above 80, which it is and will probably stay from here on out. Sooo…I decided it was time for a drastic change. Are you ready? Brace yourselves. You better sit down, which you probably are, but I’m not taking any chances.

Here’s the before! Freshly washed, unbrushed hair.

IMG_3876

And now for the drastic after!

 

Wait…….

 

 

For……..

 

 

It………

 

 

 me

I’m bringing back the mullet baby! Woo! Hoo! Do you like it? I think it makes me look 20+ years younger. don’t you?

 

Okay so maybe I didn’t get that crazy. Here’s the real after picture.

IMG_3879

Yes, she did actually take some hair off. If you’ll notice in the before picture my hair was down to my elbows and in this picture it’s tapered nicely and is a bit shorter with some nice layers. What can I say, I no longer live on the wild side. But it feels a whole lot better!

Do you do a Summer cut? How drastic do you go?

LOVE YOU MY FRIENDS!

10 comments:

  1. Whew! You scared me!

    The real pic looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to get the cut my son used to get when he was little - 1/2" all over. Glad you didn't go too crazy. I'm assuming you tie it up all summer to get it off your neck - mine is either tied up or tucked into a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh out loud when I scrolled down and saw the mullet! I was not expecting that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Kim!! I did the mullet-thing too...I think we all did!

    Your hair looks gorgeous...did you put a colour through?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fell for it, hook, line & mullet. Ahem!

    Well, it looks just gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at the mullet pic - but what if mullets come back in style? Then I'll have to get one again so I can be "cool"! :) You had me really thinking you made a big change! Your hair looks beautiful as always my friend!

    Big um-I-think-they-call-that-a-"trim" size hugs to you!! Love you my sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehe! You are so BRAVE to share your fun photo! I rocked the 80's BIG HAIR permed poofball!! I really like your new cut too. I wear long hair also and summer is a time I like to add some layers too...it's just lighter that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, my heart stopped!!! LOL! Love the new cut though!!!!
    xoxo
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know there Kim... I'm thinking you just dried it and didn't get it cut.. LoL.
    Just kidding..
    It looks MAWVELOUS...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness - you are such a mess....soooo ornery!

    You rock that mullet girlfriend!!! ;)~

    Your hair looks really good! So healthy! Not all long hair is healthy-- trust me, I know!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin