A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The New Girls in Town!

I believe I announced the arrival of our new girls a few weeks ago.

Here they are then.

IMG_9760 

They stayed in the blue bin up until today.

Today we introduced them to their new makeshift coop while they continue to grow bigger and stronger. Then we will let them out with the other chickens.

IMG_5880

IMG_5888

Now I bet you’re wondering what the other girls thought about this whole new chick thing huh? Well it’s a good thing I documented this pivotal moment in their lives. Believe me you don’t want to miss it. Nothing in your lives today will compare to the excitement you are about to see. *cough*

I think they were excited to have them there don’t you? I thought they were going to bust out of their feathers with excitement. Yeah, I’m pretty sure I expected WAY too much from our girls. *smile*

What exciting things are happening at your homestead these days?

Have a lovely day.

OXOX,

Kim

5 comments:

  1. Too funny. I expected "something", lol. Wow, just goin' on about their business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so jealous! Still waiting to move so we can have some chickens and other animals. They are so cute!

    Just need to get one more row of corn planted then I'm done with the garden. Just waiting for it to grow! It is 47 degrees in Eastern Oregon today. Don't think much will be growing to day.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! We have a baby bird trying to leave a nest (on our front porch) today. The poor construction workers across the street got to see the crazy camera lady trying to take a photo. I was in my robe and slippers. I had my glasses on and couldn't see a darn thing through the viewfinder, so my aim wasn't too good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Chicks! Chickens just excite me all together. :)

    Have fun with your overly enthusiastic hens.

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!

    Big enjoy-your-little-chicken-soap-opera size hugs to you! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin