A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Vacation Part 2- The Destination-Boyd Mountain

Gee whiz. Sorry for the gap in parts. I had a slight hiccup in my life that landed me in the hospital. Don’t worry, I’m fine. At least that’s what they tell me. Ha!

So in part two I just want to talk about where it is that we stayed. It’s beautiful and relaxing and peaceful there. It’s Boyd Mountain Cabins.

IMG_0777

This is actually our second time going there, so you know it has to be good. The first time we went was in November of 2010 and I thought I blogged about it back then but I can not find a trace of it anywhere on my blog. How horrible of me. *sigh*

Anyhoo, this place is awesome. It’s near everything but far enough away to be that perfect mountain escape. If you go to the website it will tell you all about the cabins and their history and all that fun stuff.  Here’s an excerpt from their website. There really is tons to do right on their property.

At Boyd Mountain you can enjoy 4 miles of marked hiking trails that go by the creek, through the Christmas tree farm, through the woods and up to the cell tower at an elevation of 4200 feet. There are 3 stocked fishing ponds that do not require a fee for fishing or a fishing license. The ponds are stocked with Rainbow Trout, Catfish, Hybrid Bluegill and Bass. The fishing is catch n' release though you may keep enough for one meal. Other activities include fishing in Jonathan Creek trout stream, swimming hole in Jonathan Creek, sledding in winter, cornhole, ladderball, volleyball, basketball, badminton, 1/2 mile paved drive for walking, jogging, strolling or bicycling (bring your own bikes).

In 2010 we did the nearby train ride and went to the Biltmore Estate (a must). This time around we had a few hiccups in our plans so we stayed pretty much on the property and then went to nearby Waynesville and Maggie Valley for some shopping.

In the slide show you’ll see pictures of our cabin, breathtaking views from hikes, some of the fish the boys caught, some family photos taken randomly on the property and us playing ladder ball. I wanted to keep this post all about Boyd Mountain and all it has to offer.

Enjoy!

Not sure why the pictures look grainy but you’ll get the idea. Winking smile

In Part 3 I will be telling about a humorous trip to Soco Falls. We needed a good laugh on this trip and we got it. Stay tuned!!

Here is the Intro Post in case you missed it and Part 1.

HUGS!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I would like to stay there, it looks peaceful and has activities. What more do we need. Near the Biltmore Estate is another plus.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin