A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, May 16, 2016

The Vacation Part 3- Soco Falls- The Funny Story!

I am very thankful for the trip to Soco Falls because a lot of our trip was stressful, (actually come to think of it so was this little outing) but the laughter that ensued was worth the stress…..I think. Enjoy!

Soco Falls is a waterfall not far from where we were staying. It probably should have taken around 15 minutes to get there. Now anyone that has traveled mountain roads knows that mountain minutes are VERY different from flat Florida minutes. But no worries, we got this.

So my Florida born hubby was driving our Expedition with our Florida license plate and our “you are such a tourist” topper on the roof. Yes people, we were that car you didn’t want to get trapped behind on a curvy mountain road. Sorry locals.

The drive was pretty uneventful for the most part. I mean you could only go up or down the side of the mountain. How hard could this be? On this particular trip we were going up the mountain, with the mountain on our right, which means Soco falls was probably going to be on the left. You drawing a picture in your mind? Good. Let’s keep going.

So here’s the problem. You couldn’t see what was coming behind each turn and so my hubby kept slowing down thinking the pull off for the falls would be coming up soon. Well by the time we saw the pull off on the left we had about 20 cars behind us. To make matters worse the cars parked in the pull off area were parked all funky so we couldn’t clearly see a space to pull into and the fact that there was oncoming traffic didn’t help. So what does one do in a panic? They keep driving. We pass the waterfall and hope to be able to find a place to turn around. Yeah right. Now we are going back down the mountain. Have you ever tried to find a place to turn around on a side of a mountain, on a two lane road with 20 cars right behind you? No? Well let me tell you, it ain’t easy. So right about now I start to crack up. I mean I lose it. Looking back and seeing the line of cars, realizing that we are “that car” that people dread being behind and going miles out of our way to turn around, was HILARIOUS. Really all we could do is laugh. And laugh we did.

So we FINALLY get to the end of the road where we could do a turn around and go back up the mountain to our destination. You’re welcome locals.

We easily found a place to park and hiked down to the waterfall. Which stressed me out because it had rained the night before so it was slippery and we didn’t have the right kind of shoes and blah blah blah, I’m married to an adventurous man and have two boys, blah blah blah.

It was beautiful though and we all made it back to the car alive. *smile*

I do recommend this trip if you are in the neighborhood. It really is beautiful. Here’s some pictures to prove it.

IMG_8268

IMG_8265

IMG_8267

I hope you enjoyed our little adventure story. Have you ever had something like this happen to you? Do tell!

HUGS!

Kim

Part 1 Getting Ready to Leave

Part 2 The Destination- Boyd Mountain

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, Kim! I would have probably said "forget it!" I get stressed when I'm in the grocery store line with 3 people behind me :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin