A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, October 23, 2017

Making Some Fun Fall Stuff….with links!

Hey you guys. How’s it going? How’s your fall so far? It’s still warm and muggy here in the sunshine state but apparently we are going to have a “cold” front come down on Wednesday to cool it off for all of 2 whole days. Woo! Hoo! I will take what I can get.

Anyhoo, even though the weather outside doesn’t feel like fall, I try my best not to let that discourage me from making the inside of my home feel like fall. With the scents of cinnamon and pumpkin pie candles, it’s nice in here. So I just stay inside and pretend that it’s just as nice outside. Speaking of outside……the first crafty thing I made is actually for the outside but don’t worry I won’t keep you out in this weather for long. If you follow my Homesteader’s Heart facebook page you’ve probably already seen it. It’s my Autumn plaque thingy.

Autumn sign

My hubby went around after the hurricane and gathered up a ton of broken fence and now we’re using it for our fun art projects. He put it together and stained it for me and I painted it. You gotta love free wood. Not that I’d want to go through another hurricane for free wood. No sir!

This pumpkin was quick and easy to paint and added a nice decorative touch. It’s funny because while I was painting it my kids were like, “Mom, is this for Fall or Christmas?” The reason being was that the yellow dots were once red and I had to admit that it did look a tad too Christmasy. What can I say I love Christmas, even subconsciously. Smile

Autumn sign2

Alrighty, now you all can come inside and cool off. Smile

I’ve been on a crochet kick lately. It relaxes me and apparently I’ve needed to relax because I’ve made tons of these coasters since taking this picture. It’s a quick and easy project and for me that’s key. Quick and easy. The pattern I used for the pumpkin coasters is HERE. And the maple leaf coasters is HERE.

IMG_8819 

Now for people that know me, I’m not a great seamstress. In fact I’m not in love with sewing but I do manage to whip out a few projects here and there. And once again, the key to that is quick and easy and that’s exactly what these placemats were. I think I made them in a about an hour. I just measured a placemat I already had and cut out a front and a back and then sewed them together using bias tape. The back is just a solid color that matched the front. Ta-dah! You’re done! Movin’ on.

IMG_8816

I made this banner on the mantle a few years ago. But it was quick and easy so I’d thought I’d show you again in case you wanted to make something like it. I wrote a post about it HERE.IMG_8822

And last but not least, another fun project I did a few years ago are these fabric pumpkins. I love em’. They’re so cute! A good tutorial for that is right HERE.IMG_8833

Well I hope this gets your creative juices flowing a little. I have now shifted my focus to Christmas projects and will post about those at a later time.

Have a lovely day my friends.
HUGS!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you are okay after the hurricane! I can’t even imagine the weather you’re having. It’s starting to snow in the mountains around us. Almost feels like we are skipping fall and heading right into winter. I am thankful to be in our new house before the snow flies. Our other house burned down in March. Finally had a chance to blog about our crazy year so far. It’s nice to have been able to catch up with a few blogging friends this afternoon. Love all your fall decorations. Go bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them!! We just moved into our new house last week and I would love to decorate, but honestly have no energy left. Maybe next week, but then everyone will be moving on to Christmas, so I'm thinking I might wait :)

    Everything looks great, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin