A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, February 26, 2018

2 Down, 10 to Go!

I’m right on track for my goal of reading one book a month this year. I know that may not seem like a lot for some people but for someone who put pleasure reading on the back burner, it’s a big deal. If I read more that’s great but my goal is 12 this year.

The first one I read is:

Love the Home You Have

This was a great read. A lot of it was stuff I’ve already been trying to do but she gives great practical advice on how to accomplish it. One of the favorite things I took away from this book is basically, if you don’t love it, get rid of it. I’ll give you a for instance. I’ve had this picture hanging in my sun room for about 2 years now. I didn’t love the picture but figured it would be better than staring at a blank wall. Not true. I took the picture down, immediately felt better about the space and then it motivated me to find the perfect replacement, and I did. Now that space makes me feel happy and I love looking at it. It’s a very good read for those of you wanting to make the home you have a place of contentment and relaxation.

The second book I read was:Balancing it All

I absolutely loved this book, but I must also say that I’m a big fan of Candace and who she is as a person and  I was a HUGE fan of Kirk growing up too, because well, what teenage girl wasn’t. LOL!

I follow her on instagram and always look forward to the stories she shares. She’s very inspiring. This book is like sitting down and talking to her in person. She shares a lot about her life and how her acting all began and how her parents always kept her grounded. She really opens up on the imperfections of who she is and how she learned so much from her parents through their triumphs and fails. She talks a lot about her faith and for me, I loved it. All in all it was a very encouraging and fun read. I found myself constantly talking to my hubby about it.

Now if you’ve read this far, I have a non related question. I’m thinking about doing an instagram account for this blog. Instagram is my favorite app to use and I use it more than Facebook. So I was wondering if you all use it and if that’s something you’d like to see happen.

What good books have you read so far this year?
HUGS!

Kim

7 comments:

  1. I do have an instagram account but I only opened it to see the pictures my children post their of my grandchildren. I decided to keep it pretty much a "family only" site so it's not cluttered with a whole slew of posts I have to scroll through. :) I do enjoy reading your blog posts!
    I've been working on The Keto Zone Diet by Dr. Don Colbert, and Cooking Keto with Kristie, A Journey Worth Taking. That's my new WOE (way of eating) to reduce both my blood glucose levels and my weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Have you chosen all 12 books already or are you picking them out one month at a time?

      Delete
    2. Hey Nannyrae2003 I have the Keto Zone Diet one. It's on my list of books to read. And I have most of them picked out. I did a blog post at the beginning of the year with a few that I plan on reading first. :-)

      Delete
    3. Cool! I'll try to find your other blog post to see the others you've picked out.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Kim! I received a book as a gift and already had it so last Sunday I asked a very quiet gal in our Life Group if she would like to read it at the same time as me and meet up to discuss. She loved the idea. She said she will feel more comfortable sharing on a one-to-one. It's Beth Moore's book, Jesus the One and Only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your insight on these books. I've never heard of them. I don't get much reading or blogging in right now with a two year old, but I'm always longing too. I didn't realize you could share a blog post through instagram. I'll have to check that out. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, long lost friend, how are you? I am getting back to blogging after a very long break, and I wanted to see if you were still blogging. I see you are, if only sporadically.

    I'm still off of Facebook, but I do have an Instagram account. Don't post much there, but if you are on there, I would love to follow you.

    Hope all is well!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin