A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Christmas In July Update #1

Well now that I got my afghan done I was able to move on to more pressing Christmas things. Like making and remaking stockings for my 3 grandkids. My latest grandchild was born after Christmas so I got to make hers yesterday.
Here it is.
I shopped from my own fabric collection and found a light green fabric with white daisies and I thought it would be perfect for hers. Still very Christmasy but personal all at the same time.


The other two stockings that I RE-made were for my 4 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter. See what happened was when I was making theirs a couple years ago I didn’t have my daughter and son in laws stockings to look at as a guide, so I ended up making them both facing the wrong way.  I kept telling myself, “Self, you’re not the one that is going to have to look at them so don’t worry about it.”  And I thought done was done. Well I guess I passed a little bit of my OCD on to my daughter because this past Christmas she asked if I could remake them because it was driving her crazy. So because it was driving HER crazy it was by association, driving ME crazy. Ha!
So without further ado, my remade stockings for the other 2. 




I must tell you that the 2 year old has an obsession with unicorns so I couldn’t resist getting unicorn fabric to make hers. AND she ended up being very excited about it when she saw it. So totally worth going off the rails a little in terms of typical Christmas colors. 




Well that’s my update so far. Getting things done and it feels good!
In my spare time I’m totally catching up on my Hallmark Christmas movies. Oh yeah!
Have a lovely day friends.
Kim
I'm linking up with Made by You Monday!! Go check out some other crafty stuff!

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas stockings are adorable! I rather like Christmas decorations that don’t follow the traditional colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin